Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

7 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

At 6:30 AM on an empty street outside an empty restaurant?  Let's not get carried away here my friend.  Not trying to downplay this in the least as any explosion is obviously a dangerous situation, but I'm just saying... I doubt that empty fondue restaurants in Nashville are on the terrorist target list.  ;)

I completely agree with you.

To me, if it was intentional, could the ATT infrastructure may have been a target? 

38 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I completely agree with you.

To me, if it was intentional, could the ATT infrastructure may have been a target? 

That's what I was wondering. Someone who doesn't realize that it's a semi-hardened structure tried to play terrorist and take out a telecom node, but didn't realize they'd need a much bigger boom to do anything.

I'm just so thankful this didn't happen a few hours earlier or later...dozens could have been killed.

Way too early to tell motivation or actor now, though.

I will say though, with all the Q-Anon crazies praying for a civil war, I am dreading the coming weeks.

Edited by Nathan_in_the_UK
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

That's what I was wondering. Someone who doesn't realize that it's a semi-hardened structure tried to play terrorist and take out a telecom node, but didn't realize they'd need a much bigger boom to do anything.

I'm just so thankful this didn't happen a few hours earlier or later...dozens could have been killed.

Way too early to tell motivation or actor now, though.

I will say though, with all the Q-Anon crazies praying for a civil war, I am dreading the coming weeks.

Q-Anon crazies?  Seriously?  

But why go political about this? The only violence in our cities this year has been caused by the left. Billions of dollars in destruction.

This incident in Nashville seems to be a more sophisticated event. I guess we need to see if the perps have a declaration of their intent.

Edited by rolly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Shouldn't speculate on who just yet.  Don Aaron did make a brief reference (IIRC in response to a reporter's question) that the early call to police for "shots fired" could have been a ploy to get police personnel to the RV just prior to an explosion. Too early obviously, but if that turns out to be the case, then that'd be like the tactics of another group. So much to be determined!

One thing to remember is that Metro Police have cameras in the area and it should show the RV parking and the person who parked it there. The cameras from my memory were at either end of second and there may have been one at 2nd & Commerce.

I am sure they already have people they are looking at.

You can count on this area being shut down for some time just for the investigation. They have to go through every piece of debris and pick out what they think are parts of the bomb and the RV. That may take weeks and that is before clean up and reconstruction can start.

Hopefully all of the building s will be able to be saved.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Why don’t we actually start naming groups that have actually caused damage in the US over the last few months instead of the left’s “boogeyman?”  You guys are insane.  You always have to go there on this site.  And no…I’m not a member of Q-Anon.

Please don't presume to know my politics, left, right, or otherwise, based on one offhand remark. I was simply stating that there have been a ton of the Q-Anon types calling for violence, directly and indirectly, the last few weeks. It's not a boogeyman, it's a real societal movement that has thousands of adherents, and it's reasonable to be suspicious of it. 

That said, there are plenty of others on both the left and right that have actually enacted violence that have nothing to do with that particular conspiracy theory.

Either way, we don't know who did it, it could have been anyone or anything right now. Heck, it's not even clear it was an intentional act.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

My internet just went down.     Just to let you know it was intentional as there was an announcement coming from the RV for 1 hour prior stating there was a bomb and to evacuate. 

My guess is it was domestic terrorism. Phil Williams stated the connection between AT T and the Government from Snowden.  This will probably be a political splinter group, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Shouldn't speculate on who just yet.  Don Aaron did make a brief reference (IIRC in response to a reporter's question) that the early call to police for "shots fired" could have been a ploy to get police personnel to the RV just prior to an explosion. Too early obviously, but if that turns out to be the case, then that'd be like the tactics of another group. So much to be determined!

This was my thought as well. Early in the morning on Christmas so less collateral damage as well.