Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

For the longest time I thought the AT&T building was an aesthetic nightmare being on 2nd Ave. Now, tragically, it has become an existential nightmare. Sooner or later given the world we live in these days someone may try to finish what this person started. And if that happens they may not be in the mood to give a prerecorded computer generated voice warning 15 minutes before the blast.

This damn thing needs to get off of 2nd Ave ASAP....I mean it!! It has no business being across the street from some historic buildings in which people live!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

if i'm not mistaken at think The Spaghetti Factory building is three or four buildings down from there to the right... I'm sure it was probably significantly affected too though.

The Old Spaghetti Factory is next door to the business wit the blue and white facade on the ground floor. In the picture, you can make out the awning of the OSF. 

E3769619-3EC8-4ED3-AF1A-4FC5A11F5EDC.jpeg

88D07314-43AC-4BF0-8891-617B6EC7ED68.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally back on line after more than two days off. Trying to keep track a little by using a hotspot from my phone, but that is a data eater. Looks like from hat I heard and this may have been discussed is he may have had something against 5G tech.

Who knows what was going on   in the mind of a mentally ill person.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bnacincy said:

For the longest time I thought the AT&T building was an aesthetic nightmare being on 2nd Ave. Now, tragically, it has become an existential nightmare. Sooner or later given the world we live in these days someone may try to finish what this person started. And if that happens they may not be in the mood to give a prerecorded computer generated voice warning 15 minutes before the blast.

This damn thing needs to get off of 2nd Ave ASAP....I mean it!! It has no business being across the street from some historic buildings in which people live!!

Okay, that sounds great in theory, but from an actual infrastructure standpoint, is it actually feasible to do? How do you rewire the entire region to a different site?

Also, pretty sure those apartments & places people live above the bars were likely not there before this building was. Sure, that actual row of buildings has been, but what does that have to do with anything? Nashville is hardly the only city with its major switching station right downtown and highly doubt the only one with some residential directly adjacent to it.

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 3

I would imagine, in hindsight, there are many “targets” around the US who wish they could buy a large piece of land and build a structure to hold their equipment, with plenty of space between their facility and the roadway (similar to changes with federal buildings).  Many of these structures built before the 90’s have to be thinking of ways to up their protection.  The only thing I can think of for this building would be thicker skin and make sure the heart of the equipment is in the center of the building…not near the outer walls.  Even then…who knows if that will help.  If someone really wanted to destroy that building…all it would take is a bigger bomb.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

This could potentially be big news for Nashville.  Ben Shapiro announced today that The Daily Wire is going to get into the entertainment business by making movies and TV shows.  I can't help but wonder if this is one reason they moved to Nashville, a city that already has much of the infrastructure necessary to pull this off yet at a fraction of the cost of L.A./Hollywood, and in an area that would certainly welcome this.  There is already so much creative and technical talent in this city.  If this is successful, I'm thinking this could be a real shot in the arm to Nashville's entertainment industry.

https://www.outkick.com/ben-shapiro-entertainment-hollywood/

I think I recall this place was going up for sale, some time ago. Does anyone know if this is available? Or changed hands?
studio.thumb.jpg.4b930674b7f83ab6fb890dbc3d9edbc0.jpg

• Like 1