Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Sorry if already posted…I’m not sure when this was published (for all I know, it could have been last year).  But…an interesting read on Cooper and his choices on pulling in corporate jobs.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/01/22/the-buck-stopped-here.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_NA&csrc=6398&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0RQ30TRn563NoQ3qdxwijT_Xosju50PxIoNHb32M9L1MSV8D0jgrzNI90

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Lot of Cars underwater not far from Opry Mills. :shok:
https://youtu.be/WVGrvQi56EA

https://youtu.be/zyXvZF2idzU

But how is that newsworthy? A few years back, they found a car in Percy priest lake with my exact plate configuration of letter & numbers, and had to submit a statement that it wasn't mine. Granted it was submerged for nearly 20 years apparently. 

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

He is MIA right now. I have not heard from him since before the pandemic as he started working for the Downtown partnership. I am sure he has been busy.

Michael and his wife Casey are now running a radio station just over the border in Kentucky. Has been quite busy with that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering if the recent announcement that the Space Command HQ will be placed in Huntsville will help bring any residual tech jobs to the Nashville area and increase the demand for tech degrees at local colleges?  Arnold Engineering near Tullahoma (old Arnold Air Base) is already vital to what’s going on in Huntsville…but just wondering if Nashville is at all effected by this announcement.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

It is crazy to me that it costs $3.2 million per mile of sidewalks. 

Normally, that means installing storm drains and burying drainage pipes, sometimes moving utilities, fill and level, install curbs, and finally sidewalks

Nashville needs to do right because there are crappy sidewalks all over town where they just poured some concrete next to the street, creating a bigger hazard than what it was

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

It is crazy to me that it costs $3.2 million per mile of sidewalks. 

Right?  But it's not their money. 

Folks, we all need to be better with 'the maths'.   If we only knew what is being spent for 'our own good' we'd be ... um, ok... I won't get political. But $1.9 trillion for (what?) $1400?  OK...rant over... :ermm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1