Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I just saw someone post a photo on Facebook of a new “ride” that a group called King of Hustler Nashville is driving around Nashville.  I think King of Hustler may be some kind of Male Dance Club for bachelorette parties…and this ride is a huge (body part) with a saddle on it…kind of like a mechanical bull.  I would post a photo…but it’s definitely not suitable for work.  However…it’s driving around on Lower Broadway.

Anyone seen this thing?  I can’t believe something like that is allowed.  Really in poor taste and kinda takes us to a new low.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I just saw someone post a photo on Facebook of a new “ride” that a group called King of Hustler Nashville is driving around Nashville.  I think King of Hustler may be some kind of Male Dance Club for bachelorette parties…and this ride is a huge (body part) with a saddle on it…kind of like a mechanical bull.  I would post a photo…but it’s definitely not suitable for work.  However…it’s driving around on Lower Broadway.

Anyone seen this thing?  I can’t believe something like that is allowed.  Really in poor taste and kinda takes us to a new low.

I saw that. I'm pretty sure it was just being transported. Looks like King Of Hustler is a new male strip club and I guess that'll be their mechanical bull? It's not a downtown "transportainment" thing though. And if it is, we should riot. 

Edited by fishsticks176
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

I saw that. I'm pretty sure it was just being transported. Looks like King Of Hustler is a new male strip club and I guess that'll be their mechanical bull? It's not a downtown "transportainment" thing though. And if it is, we should riot. 

Yeah…I thought it was a downtown “ride”…but it’s actually going in the club.  I was like, “Surely you can’t drive that thing around Lower Broadway with a bachelorette riding that thing.” :tw_lol:

58 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yeah…I thought it was a downtown “ride”…but it’s actually going in the club.  I was like, “Surely you can’t drive that thing around Lower Broadway with a bachelorette riding that thing.” :tw_lol:

I'm gonna guess though that they made an intentional swing past Broadway on the way there to possibly entice some drunken woo girls to stumble in their direction.  lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'm gonna guess though that they made an intentional swing past Broadway on the way there to possibly entice some drunken woo girls to stumble in their direction.  lol

Yeah…they got exactly what they wanted.  Took it to lower Broad and showed it off in front of hundreds of gawkers, taking photos and posting on Facebook.  Free publicity. 

• Like 2

Was wondering if someone could help me out.  I have a co-worker from St Louis coming to Nashville soon with friends to have a little vacation in an Air-BNB.   She's been to Memphis before and pointed out a place called Railgarten (link below) and wondered if there was something similar in the Nashville area?   Looks pretty sweet.  Thank you!

https://railgarten.com/

Probably the closet thing like that all together is 5th & Broadway now with all the restaurants and shops together. 

Maybe something like Avo over off Charolette. eatavo.com  They have volleyball and there are a few little shops and things around there too.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok…I’m gonna ask a really weird question…and I most definitely know this is 99.9% out of the realm of possibilities…but I’ve  always wondered if there is any way to control the Cumberland River, like a lake, in the downtown area?  At the least…from like Metro Center to Shelby Bottoms…and at the most, from John C Tune to Opryland.

Are there any places on Earth where a river is controlled like a lake as it goes through a downtown area?  I realize that would most likely mean you’d need a lock and dam of sorts…but is there anything out there that’s less than a lock and dam…some other kind of river control system that would allow 24/7 calm waters downtown to encourage more recreational usage and mitigate flooding?  Keep the water higher than normal…but never too high.

Edited by titanhog

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Ok…I’m gonna ask a really weird question…and I most definitely know this is 99.9% out of the realm of possibilities…but I’ve  always wondered if there is any way to control the Cumberland River, like a lake, in the downtown area?  At the least…from like Metro Center to Shelby Bottoms…and at the most, from John C Tune to Opryland.

Are there any places on Earth where a river is controlled like a lake as it goes through a downtown area?  I realize that would most likely mean you’d need a lock and dam of sorts…but is there anything out there that’s less than a lock and dam…some other kind of river control system that would allow 24/7 calm waters downtown to encourage more recreational usage and mitigate flooding?  Keep the water higher than normal…but never too high.

Ummmmm......no

Unfortunately, you are asking the Corp of Engineers to build a new dam on the Cumberland. And those dam things cost more than $18.00

But downtown is too far upstream from Cheatham to control the water level, and Cheatham is a low dam, so not capable of raising the water level above the existing river banks. It's still about 15 nautical miles away

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

I think you'd have divert the main flow away from the current channel. Dig a new riverbed through East Nashville (easy, right?) and keep the existing channel as a sort of oxbow lake, something nature does all the time, though not usually with bedrock-bound rivers like the Cumberland. Once you had an alternate main channel for the river and maybe a low levee to separate it from your oxbow, you could control the water flow into it.

There was a plan from a few years back that did envision a new channel cutting across the east bank. Don't remember the details, just the audacity of it.

Edited by billgregg
  • Like 2