Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

The median property value across Davidson County jumped 34% for 2018-2020. 

Property owners should begin receiving letters today detailing their specific changes, said county Property Assessor Vivian Wilhoite. Actual tax bills will be mailed in October.

"Nashville has continued to attract new businesses, and the demand for homes and commercial property since the last reappraisal has produced significant changes to assessed values," her office said in a press release.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/23/davidson-county-property-reappraisal.html

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.25.09 AM.png

21 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

It's all so dumb, so values go up and it just gets spread across the county because we have to not increase revenue right?

The appraisals act independently of the revenue. They do the appraisals first then lower the overall rate to make it revenue-neutral with the last round. It's when the actual property tax hike occurs next year (or whenever) when you see the higher-value properties (or alternatively the properties who had the higher jumps in value over the last round of appraisals) get assessed more.

Eric Snyder on Cooper's dishonesty!!!  But dupes will believe him.  No atttempt to explain to the great unwashed. Sorry guys, but Nashville needs some competitive politics. Everything I've seen from the past few mayoral and congressional campaigns has been just carbon copies with varying degrees of dishonesty and in more than a few cases stupidity.  So who was Nashville's last bold mayor... and congressional unit?   I might say Bredesen for the former... can't think of anyone since my time in Nashville for the latter. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/23/from-the-editor-cooper-misleads-again.html

In a series of morning TV appearances on April 16, he had a message: Don’t fret about that 34% tax hike he endorsed, and signed into law as part of Metro’s budget, last year. Consider it gone.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, rolly said:

Wow a 34% increase in assessed property value is remarkable.  But maybe the next year will be even higher.  Some are projecting inputs such as lumber, which is as much as 300% higher as contributing to such costs.

Happens every four years. My home’s numbers are reasonable and appraisal was much lower than I expected

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Happens every four years. My home’s numbers are reasonable and appraisal was much lower than I expected

This is also a big problem.  Assessor consistently under appraises home values.  My home was appraised for a refinance at 600k this past month.  New metro appraisal is 446k.

37 minutes ago, musiczealot said:

This is also a big problem.  Assessor consistently under appraises home values.  My home was appraised for a refinance at 600k this past month.  New metro appraisal is 446k.

Agreed. Unsure the best fix for this. My numbers show a very similar discrepancy as yours. 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:40 PM, MLBrumby said:

Eric Snyder on Cooper's dishonesty!!!  But dupes will believe him.  No atttempt to explain to the great unwashed. Sorry guys, but Nashville needs some competitive politics. Everything I've seen from the past few mayoral and congressional campaigns has been just carbon copies with varying degrees of dishonesty and in more than a few cases stupidity.  So who was Nashville's last bold mayor... and congressional unit?   I might say Bredesen for the former... can't think of anyone since my time in Nashville for the latter. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/23/from-the-editor-cooper-misleads-again.html

In a series of morning TV appearances on April 16, he had a message: Don’t fret about that 34% tax hike he endorsed, and signed into law as part of Metro’s budget, last year. Consider it gone.

Take your politics to the coffee shop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Is it just me, or does this new updated version of the forum run significantly slower than the previous version?  I don't suppose there is anything we can really do about it if that is indeed the case, but I suppose I mainly wanted to make sure it isn't an issue with my computer.

Crazy slow, I thought the site was down all weekend it took so long to load on my phone that I eventually just gave up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1