Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Off topic, but it just came up here, is there a way to make the email notifications we get from the site not truncated?

Before the update you could see the entire reply in the email, now it doesn't show the entire reply, and if an image is first in the reply it just shows ...

4 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

So, if that’s the case then it would probably have to be a huge developer with deep pockets. And the building itself would need to be something that would be a good return on investment. So a tall boy office building leased to a major corporate player? 

Pretty sure they won’t allow anything other than the Victorian-era style on that lot (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

So, if that’s the case then it would probably have to be a huge developer with deep pockets. And the building itself would need to be something that would be a good return on investment. So a tall boy office building leased to a major corporate player? 

Still not going to be a tall boy due to the historic zoning in that area. Going to be limited to no more than 10 to 15. I would have to go look up the zoning.

• Like 1

I've only seen it for homes with historic/conservation overlays and such. I'll also admit I've rarely looked otherwise.

Trivia - I heard from someone who monitors monthly parkers (not tourists) in several downtown garages. He saw occupancy going from low 30s% in March to low 40s% by the end of April.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, MLBrumby said:

So which department in Metro is responsible for these estimates? 

These estimates are developed by the Census Bureau, not Metro.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, MLBrumby said:

aren't the estimates conducted by the local governments and then subject to approval by the USCB

No. They are conducted solely by the Census Bureau.

44 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Apparently panic buying already has the Shell/Twice Daily near me out of fuel.

Thanks for the heads up. As a boomer, I remember the gas crises in the 70's. My wife and I just went out and topped off our tanks after reading your post. It was extremely busy, but no lines of cars yet. And I filled my gas can for the mower. Go forbid I run out of lawn mower gas.

I’m currently traveling from Virginia Beach to Nashville. When I stopped in Charlottesville for lunch, there were lines at all the gas stations. I stopped around Abingdon at a small town and was able to get gas without any problems except for paying $2.99 a gallon. So far in East Tennessee it doesn’t seem bad. I have many friends and family back in VB posting on social media that they can’t find gas anywhere. Heading back to VB this weekend could get tricky.  At least the prices in Tennessee are cheaper….

Edited by TNinVB

5 minutes ago, MagicPotato said:

Is this Tennessee's only fuel pipeline? 

I know there is one line going through Dickson County cause it blew up one day a couple of decades ago. I felt it 20 miles away. And Mapco has it's refinery in Memphis, so it's supply should not be interrupted.

Edited by PHofKS

Gas was still easy to get until about 2 or 3 today and I guess word got out more widespread. I'm not wild about the media talking about this stuff either. I was on another forum talking about the tanker truck driver shortage and how CNN was going to create a panic with their reporting on it. A lot of people said I was being irrational. I brought up that the shortage in 08 here was due to a RUMOR, not an actual shortage. The entire reason that we're seeing stations run out of gas right now isn't the attacks, which I'm pissed about as well, but because of the constant reporting on it driving up the panic. Middle TN does have a deficiency when it comes to securing fuel. We're very dependent on one pipeline, and when it has an issue, we feel it more than other areas of the country, panic buying withholding. 

• Like 1