Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, nashville born said:

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 7.30.18 AM.png

Haven't seen a photo from this vantage point.  I'm imagining the Tony G pair , 2nd & Peabody, and the roundabout bunch included.  Wow.

2nd and Peabody would be just outside the left edge of the image. The roundabout towers would really fill in the gaps between SoBro and downtown from this vantage point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Is that 805 Lea between Batman and Pinnacle?

That building is either tall and looming or short and squat depending which side you look at it from haha.

One of my pet descriptions.  I usually turn it into "squatty", to make something sound wide and "sawed off" (like a Corgi)

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

It’s an obstacle delusion ;)

Overall, it might be a Topical confusion :silly:

• Haha 2

Nashville area home sales increased last month 24% over May of 2020. Average house sale price was $400,000 , up from$329,000 (21% jump); average condo  price is up to $277,900 from 225,000 (up 23%).

More behind Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/area-home-sales-rise-24-as-inventory-remains-limited/article_2a6b9894-c887-11eb-9439-935b41cbb5ed.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Really hoping Davidson, Williamson, Rutherford and Wilson start working closely together to come up with a 50 year growth plan that enables these 4 counties to almost look past the “county lines” and come up with transportation solutions…HQ relocation areas in each county (maybe like a tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4)…and like you suggest, a synergy that allows a “loss” in one area to be a gain in another.

and Sumner.  And after today's announcement in White House, Robertson County should also be included.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Flatrock said:

In case you've been living under a rock for the last year or so... Nashville now tied for 1st with fastest selling homes in the U.S..  And only 12 DAYS of inventory (which is ludicrous). I cannot see where this will go. Will our home prices mirror Austin at $500-600 sq. ft? 

https://fox17.com/news/local/nashville-ranks-top-in-the-country-for-fastest-selling-houses-report-says-realty-remax-real-estate-red-hot-housing-market-investment-broker

This means there are a lot of people who better hold onto their current home and mortgage because if they want to buy or rent somewhere else, there’s going to be major sticker shock.  Rents are getting outrageous and some people are having to move further and further outside of Nashville to afford it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, titanhog said:

This means there are a lot of people who better hold onto their current home and mortgage because if they want to buy or rent somewhere else, there’s going to be major sticker shock.  Rents are getting outrageous and some people are having to move further and further outside of Nashville to afford it.

Same here in Chatty.  I was just offered twice what I paid for my house last weekend... and it's NOT on the market. I thought about it for a minute then realized I couldn't find another house for that price. Declined. We're heading for another bubble. 

• Like 3