1 hour ago, nashville born said:

Then let's go 800 Lea!!!  And while you're at it, throw in a couple more 600 foot residential towers!!!  Giddy.....up.

I really love your way of thinking!!!! What are they all waiting for.....Giddy up!

• Haha 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Nashville added another resident last night... Turner Wallace Chinetti 9 pounds 6 ounces. 20 inches.  Mom and baby are doing great! He’s ready to argue about scooters, height re

Took this yesterday.  Wanted to make it longer but it was quite windy yesterday. Some random thoughts...  How much room there is between Lafayette and the Interstate

I am humbled that NashvilleNowNext did a feature on my photo work here at Urban Planet Nashville. https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/04/02/the-hollingsworth-reel-vol-1-highlighting-the-work-of-nas

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

At what point do the housing prices slow down here? It has become ridiculous over the past year.  According to Zillow mine has also gone up 15% in 6 months, and then 26% in about 15 months. The rates we see now have to be pricing tons of people out of buying .

The rates you see now are still below other major cities in the country. These are bargains compared to others. Nashville is no longer a sleepy ole southern town, it’s a big boy ( girl) now! 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Where the Nashville hotel market stands as one of the top 25 markets.  Hint a lot better than most of its competitors.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F3a9823939a00705b46bd19ed9%2Fimages%2Ff258769c-07d1-db54-57b8-566d0d91c13d.png&t=1625746639&ymreqid=d07d9ac7-b224-7051-1cfd-ea00a101ac00&sig=rVilpKmldgS908Vrac2nnA--~D

""Decrease in revenue in U.S. hotel revenue per available room from May 2019 to May 2021, according to a new report from Washington, D.C.-based industry group American Hotel & Lodging Association. The study shows 21 of the top 25 U.S. hotel markets remain in a depression or recession, despite an uptick in leisure travel. Business travel is not expected to return to 2019 levels until 2023 or 2024. ""

If Florida can get lucky enough to not have a huge Covid outbreak, they’re going to pull in a lot of money the rest of this year.  Pent up demand for the beach.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

If Florida can get lucky enough to not have a huge Covid outbreak, they’re going to pull in a lot of money the rest of this year.  Pent up demand for the beach.

Must be for the beach because Orlando is down 30 percent.

My takeaway from this is that even though Nashville's RevPAR is down 37 percent, it's still one of the more profitable cities on the list at $77 per room.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Must be for the beach because Orlando is down 30 percent.

My takeaway from this is that even though Nashville's RevPAR is down 37 percent, it's still one of the more profitable cities on the list at $77 per room.  

Orlando is probably down due to capacity being lower at the Disney parks. I think they were just at 35% until beginning of May were it was increased to an undisclosed amount. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Orlando is probably down due to capacity being lower at the Disney parks. I think they were just at 35% until beginning of May were it was increased to an undisclosed amount. 

Orlando also sees very heavy convention traffic.

• Like 4

Interesting. Is that a reflection of WFH?  I'm always interested not so much in the numbers themselves, but what's driving them. 

And wow! Atlanta is a completely different beast altogether. Wouldn't have guessed it's that much bigger than Charlotte. Being a native, I find it easy to forget how it dominates the region, and there are millions of s.f. under construction. Wouldn't want to be an investor in that office market right now.  I'd like to see numbers from the Florida cities to see how skewed my perception of their markets are.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, KJHburg said:

Total Market Size in Millions of Square Feet

CLT 57 M  ATL 153.4 M  Nash 43.7 M RDU 48.8 M    (I will call ATL the winner since it is the biggest office market) 

Raleigh Durham has more office space than us? I thought metro Nashville was like twice the size.

58 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

If Nashville does not get a viable mass transit system very soon or one on the way, our growth could stall, just like your car will be in traffic. Austin, Atlanta, and Charlotte all have rail….while little ole Nashville is relying on a crappy bus system….and yes I will harp on this in every thread until it gets back to Cooper and Lee. Sounds like a cheap law firm.

Have you actually reached out to Mayor Cooper and Gov. Lee? Because griping about it in this forum probably won't amount to much.  Just sayin'.  

• Like 1
On 7/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, KJHburg said:

Florida metros are not big office markets as Charlotte is bigger than Miami Dade for example.

That is definitely not true!  Miami is huge with a metro population of over 6 million people which is over twice as big as metro Charlotte!  Miami and Atlanta are the two biggest metro areas in the South (excluding Texas).

53 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

That is definitely not true!  Miami is huge with a metro population of over 6 million people which is over twice as big as metro Charlotte!  Miami and Atlanta are the two biggest metro areas in the South (excluding Texas).

I think he meant the office market is bigger…not the population.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1