Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Is anyone familiar with Raising Cane's?????

from Baton Rouge LA and really good.  Big in Gulf south and Texas but sporadic elsewhere in the south.  But I love their chicken strips and crinkle cut fries. 

Our Story | Raising Cane's | Chicken Fingers | Cane's Sauce (raisingcanes.com)

they have just a few locations in the Carolinas.  Like a Zaxbys but I like them a little better. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

from Baton Rouge LA and really good.  Big in Gulf south and Texas but sporadic elsewhere in the south.  But I love their chicken strips and crinkle cut fries. 

Our Story | Raising Cane's | Chicken Fingers | Cane's Sauce (raisingcanes.com)

they have just a few locations in the Carolinas.  Like a Zaxbys but I like them a little better. 

We've had 'em up here in Cincy for a few years.  It's pretty good as far as fast food goes-the chicken strips in particular.

• Like 2

A tourist from Michigan fell off of one of the open air party busses today, smashed his head and the bus ran over his legs.  They say he’s going to recover…but I saw Freddie O’Connell on Channel 4 news saying something will soon have to be done to regulate these rides.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/nashville-party-bus-rider-falls-off-bus-gets-run-over-on-broadway/article_6c19b1c2-f06e-11eb-abd8-a3e3af413922.html?block_id=994460

Metro Police said Jacob Day, 22, from Michigan, was reportedly sitting on the railing of the roofless party bus. Day fell off the railing and landed face-first onto the roadway around 12:30 a.m. near Broadway and 14th Avenue North. The bus then ran over Day's legs after he fell onto the pavement. He was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for injuries, which were not believed to be life-threatening.

The incident, however, reignited a longstanding city battle to regulate entertainment vehicles. In a statement from the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp, President Butch Spyridon said,

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

A tourist from Michigan fell off of one of the open air party busses today, smashed his head and the bus ran over his legs.  They say he’s going to recover…but I saw Freddie O’Connell on Channel 4 news saying something will soon have to be done to regulate these rides.

They (metro? media?) have been chomping at the bit for this to finally happen to  regulate these drunk wagons in some form or fashion  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Do you think these vehicles add to the "fun vibe" experience of our downtown for tourists that might make their trip more memorable (referring to tourists who don't even use them)

Yes very much. They are a blast. 

It’ll be interesting if the city tries to regulate them on state roads I bet the state legislature will step in and block them somehow. 

I know these are covered under these state regulatory commission of some sort and I also know they have a powerful lobby in the State too.  If enough people get hurt or possibly killed on these things and enough of these companies get sued and shut down, then the laws will change.

• Like 1

Downtown Nashville is not a theme park , these are public streets and therefore should not be subjected to this kind of recklessness and public display of intoxication. If you want to drink and get “wild” do it in the privacy of your home or in a enclosed building. There are many of us , that don’t drink or “ party” to drown out whatever it is that makes you want to get drunk in the first place. We would like to be able to experience Downtown and see the musical events and get a bite to eat without having to witness this bulls$&@.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That is funny ..ha ha . But there’s a BIG difference between someone jogging and the drunking insanity that comes from these so called entertainment vehicles. I’m a opened minded and non judgmental person and I’m not out to start a throw down on these pages. Just was stating a point of view that downtown is Not just for “partying “ 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr_Bond said:

The goal is not to shut them down but to keep them from blocking rush hour traffic and being a nuisance during sleeping hours.  Slower rush hour traffic hurts all of us.  Loud noises after 9 or 10 PM affects residents and all of downtown is now a residential neighborhood, and will become more so in the months ahead.

Vehicles over 10,000 pounds or over 15 passengers are regulated by the state, not Metro.  Therefore, all the party wagons and busses fall under state regs, but the pedal taverns are subject to Metro.  That's why you don't see pedal taverns on the streets during rush hour or past 9:00 PM (I think it's 9 but it may be 10).  If Metro over-regulates the pedal taverns, those business owners may switch to wagons or busses, and add to the problem.

Currently, Metro can try to keep them in line via noise and nuisance regs.  The tools at our disposal are citations, conversations with the business owners, and possible future regulations.  All of these tools are useless without data.

I am keeping a log of any party wagons that are overly loud or on the streets after 10 PM in The Gulch.  A lot of these come down Division Street right under my condo.  If you are a downtown resident and see one after 10 PM, please write down the date, time, the company operating the wagon/bus, and an estimate of how loud it was.  I've got a sound meter app on my phone and will be using it.  For example, the Cluck Yeah! bus has a horn that is shockingly loud, almost too loud for the interstate.  While sitting in Noble Park, it made me jump out of my seat.  It frightened the dogs in the park.  This operator is now on my naughty list.

I will submit my list regularly to MNPD who has someone assigned to gather all these complaints.

Thanks for your help!

This is a great solution. I will start taking a log of these that come down Third late at night as well. 

Pedal taverns can run late, but aren’t obnoxiously loud like the busses, and the business owners are fairly responsive. Any issues I’ve had with them being loud for an extended period of time late at night have been solved with a single phone call. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

This is a great solution. I will start taking a log of these that come down Third late at night as well. 

Pedal taverns can run late, but aren’t obnoxiously loud like the busses, and the business owners are fairly responsive. Any issues I’ve had with them being loud for an extended period of time late at night have been solved with a single phone call. 

The movement is growing.

Thanks for the info!  I will keep a list of companies and phone numbers in my Notes and call them more frequently.  I'm happy to share my list with you as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

The movement is growing.

Thanks for the info!  I will keep a list of companies and phone numbers in my Notes and call them more frequently.  I'm happy to share my list with you as well.

If I remember correctly, the Cluck Yeah! Bus is owned by Party Fowl(based on the wrapping of the vehicle. It may be another chicken restaurant), a neighborhood business in the Gulch. May be worth giving them a call about the horn. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

If I remember correctly, the Cluck Yeah! Bus is owned by Party Fowl(based on the wrapping of the vehicle. It may be another chicken restaurant), a neighborhood business in the Gulch. May be worth giving them a call about the horn. 

If it’s owned by Party Fowl, they aren’t marketing it on their website. In fact, I didn’t find anything online mentioning Cluck Yeah! What the cluck? :tw_glasses:

• Haha 2