Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

44 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

If I remember correctly, the Cluck Yeah! Bus is owned by Party Fowl(based on the wrapping of the vehicle. It may be another chicken restaurant), a neighborhood business in the Gulch. May be worth giving them a call about the horn. 

Good call.  I'll check out the bus next time I see it.

There's a light blue bus that is covered in Bud Light ads.  I think this is the main culprit in late night drives down Division, late as in 11:30 PM.  If anyone has seen this bus and knows who operates it, please pass that along.

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Downtown Nashville is not a theme park , these are public streets and therefore should not be subjected to this kind of recklessness and public display of intoxication. If you want to drink and get “wild” do it in the privacy of your home or in a enclosed building. There are many of us , that don’t drink or “ party” to drown out whatever it is that makes you want to get drunk in the first place. We would like to be able to experience Downtown and see the musical events and get a bite to eat without having to witness this bulls$&@.

I mean by that logic, shouldn't anybody that is drunk and/or drinking be banned from the sidewalks too? Pedestrians get hit all the time doing drunk things. Accidents happen. Can't make laws for everything. 

The "get off my lawn" vibes are so strong with this comment, it's hard to respond, or tell if it's parody, haha. 

19 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I mean by that logic, shouldn't anybody that is drunk and/or drinking be banned from the sidewalks too? Pedestrians get hit all the time doing drunk things. Accidents happen. Can't make laws for everything. 

The "get off my lawn" vibes are so strong with this comment, it's hard to respond, or tell if it's parody, haha. 

I guess it just came from the fact that I lost four of my best friends to drunk drivers , had a close cousin drink himself to death at age 32 and being a over the road driver for decades seeing so many lives lost to alcohol related accidents. I’m just to that point , that I can’t understand the reasoning as to why people deliberately go out to get themselves to that point. Alcohol is a drug , and it’s a shame that mainstream media and social practices have glorified it to this level. Most drugs are illegal, but because there’s so much money being made , it’s seems ok to push alcohol to be acceptable as fun and ok. I’m not trying to cause a stir or be negative to anyone. By all means , people are free to do as they chose. I was just suggesting that downtown isn’t just about having one big good ole’ party and it’s not the only thing that everyone wants to see or do. I will get off this horse and end my rant with this. No worries, no bad feelings and by no means no judgement. 

• Like 3

I no longer drink (liver issues unrelated to alcohol), but when I did drink I hated the hangovers the day after I "overconsumed".  I don't have an issue with "transportainment" but I guess the city will have to tighten up it's regs on these things as some people can lose control when they are imbibing. But hey, Lower Broadway got popular precisely because it's a bit trashy and gritty and grimey. It's an outlet of sorts-check out the Youtube videos of Lower Broadway on Friday and Saturday nights-they have to close down Broadway from 5th to 1st ave just because of the crowds.

On the other hand some of you live there so you already know........!

Speaking of grimey and videos some of the downtown buildings are looking just like that at the top.....anybody else noticed this? I've seen it in some of the aerial drone videos.

Honestly to me an outsider it would seem that the people who own the bars would want some regulations on the party buses, wagon, pedal bikes, rolling hot tubs etc thus increasing business for their permanent 1-5 story bars along Broadway.  How late are your bars open anyway and how late can these rolling bars lets just say operate?  Last call in NC in at 2 am which means bars start serving half hour to hour before depending on the bar.   However the rolling pedal bars cant operate anywhere near that late in the Queen City. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Honestly to me an outsider it would seem that the people who own the bars would want some regulations on the party buses, wagon, pedal bikes, rolling hot tubs etc thus increasing business for their permanent 1-5 story bars along Broadway.  How late are your bars open anyway and how late can these rolling bars lets just say operate?  Last call in NC in at 2 am which means bars start serving half hour to hour before depending on the bar.   However the rolling pedal bars cant operate anywhere near that late in the Queen City. 

Downtown Cincinnati has these too but I don't know the rules by which they operate.

The popularity of the pedal taverns completely escapes me...why exercise when you're simultaneously getting sloshed? If you must, just stay at home, hop on the Peloton and pop open a refreshing beer soda and spare the rest of us the headache of trying to drive around you.

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think some of these bars stay open until 3am on the weekends.  I may be wrong…but it seems that when I’ve looked at some of Fox 17’s cams and gone back through the night to see how crowded it is after midnight, there is usually a line of cabs around 3am.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I think some of these bars stay open until 3am on the weekends.  I may be wrong…but it seems that when I’ve looked at some of Fox 17’s cams and gone back through the night to see how crowded it is after midnight, there is usually a line of cabs around 3am.

Last call for Brick and Mortar bars is 3am, unless you’re the Diner, and you start serving again at 4am. 

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Downtown Cincinnati has these too but I don't know the rules by which they operate.

The popularity of the pedal taverns completely escapes me...why exercise when you're simultaneously getting sloshed? If you must, just stay at home, hop on the Peloton and pop open a refreshing beer soda and spare the rest of us the headache of trying to drive around you.

I don't do such things anymore, but I have done the pedal tavern years ago.  It was a lot of fun.  You are with your friends, stop at different bars, and mostly going downhill or level.  Plus the feeling of doing all this out in the open is liberating.  

• Like 4

Does anyone know where I can find cost of living information for Nashville and also how it compares to other cities? I’m curious how much our cost of living has increased since 2017. It would also be cool to see how we stack up against our peer cities. Ive looked for this information and can’t seem to find any good intel.