Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

It seems like the answer to me is that these mobile venues need to be treated like a bar and if they over serve someone they lose their license to serve. 

14 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

Aren't the pedal taverns at least BYOB?

BYOB indeed. I forget how someone explained this to me, but the pedal taverns have limited liability because they are just "opening" the beers you provide. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Nashville added another resident last night... Turner Wallace Chinetti 9 pounds 6 ounces. 20 inches.  Mom and baby are doing great! He’s ready to argue about scooters, height re

Took this yesterday.  Wanted to make it longer but it was quite windy yesterday. Some random thoughts...  How much room there is between Lafayette and the Interstate

I am humbled that NashvilleNowNext did a feature on my photo work here at Urban Planet Nashville. https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/04/02/the-hollingsworth-reel-vol-1-highlighting-the-work-of-nas

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

BYOB indeed. I forget how someone explained this to me, but the pedal taverns have limited liability because they are just "opening" the beers you provide. 

Bartenders at bars/restaurants are just opening the beers for you too. And they still have to know when to serve/not serve people. 


All in all though, I think it's an overreaction to a few incidents. I think people are just using this to try to get rid of them because they don't like them. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Bartenders at bars/restaurants are just opening the beers for you too. And they still have to know when to serve/not serve people. 


All in all though, I think it's an overreaction to a few incidents. I think people are just using this to try to get rid of them because they don't like them. 

I agree. I just vaguely remember someone telling me about a weird loophole that because you purchase the alcohol outside of the transpotainment vehicles and then turn around it have them open it for you it is an oddity. I could be completely wrong as I have never done one, but that is what I have heard about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

As long as they don't charge a corkage fee for all the White Claws and Miller Lite Limes. That would be a bridge too far.

I bought some seltzers at the pre-season Titans game this weekend. It was sooo hot, I couldn't bring myself to drink G&Ts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, rolly said:

Easy to compare the metro regions at night.

You can see Murfreesboro, Lebanon, Hendersonville, Clarksville...
 

image.png.8486d435af9d371165fc87ccb235feca.png
source: screencap from Hurricane IDA sat shot

My takeaway from this is how much more Chattanooga is connected to Atlanta than it is to Nashville.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

My takeaway from this is how much more Chattanooga is connected to Atlanta than it is to Nashville.

Having recently done the drive from Nashville to Chattanooga, I think that's a great thing actually. The drive was beautiful with its natural landscape. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Except for the people driving like bats out of hell which is what I experience when I drive it. Most of the time it is the stretch coming off Mont Eagle going towards Murfreesboro with people going in excess of 90 mph and tailgating. 

I can stereotype the drivers but better not, because it may offend someone here, but if you were with me, you would understand right off the bat. They crazy people would fall into two categories.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Except for the people driving like bats out of hell which is what I experience when I drive it. Most of the time it is the stretch coming off Mont Eagle going towards Murfreesboro with people going in excess of 90 mph and tailgating. 

Monteagle Mountain...returning from Rome, GA one summer night in the early eighties, we had a blowout coming down the grade headed back to Nashville.  I remember my dad wrestling with the wheel to keep our van on the highway.  That stretch is no joke.  The opening song for Smokey and the Bandit even mentions it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nashville born said:

Monteagle Mountain...returning from Rome, GA one summer night in the early eighties, we had a blowout coming down the grade headed back to Nashville.  I remember my dad wrestling with the wheel to keep our van on the highway.  That stretch is no joke.  The opening song for Smokey and the Bandit even mentions it.

Agreed... I am legitimately surprised that I've never witnessed anyone accidentally drive off the mountain.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2021 at 2:42 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Who says pedal taverns are safe and fun and run by responsible people.

 

https://twitter.com/safefunnash/status/1432784874117681161?s=12

 

 

 

Interesting. It seems that someone came out from one of the bars and jumped onto the tavern and then fell. So I guess more due diligence should be exercised by people to obtain more facts before reacting so they don't fall victim to misinformation. 

Edited by Licec
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Licec said:

 

Interesting. It seems that someone came out from one of the bars and jumped onto the tavern and then fell. So I guess more due diligence should be exercised by people to obtain more facts before reacting so they don't fall victim to misinformation. 

It’s obvious from the video too. The narrator had already started filming, so already an incident was underway. Then the narrator shouts, “do they even know him?” Then he walks away from everyone after. But everyone jumps to the conclusion that the pedal tavern had overserved him, which doesn’t fit at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, nashvylle said:

Also compare Nashville and Atlanta… 

Yes something seemed a bit weird about that, so I looked for similar night images of the whole US. Atlanta's light splotch is noticeably bigger than the ones for Houston and Dallas/FW, and both latter metros are larger population than ATL by not a smidgeon at all. The Atlanta splotch looks the same size as Chicago and Los Angeles on seemingly all of the photos I found, and I can't come up with a reason unless there is some Georgia manufacturer cleaning up on sales of streetlights that happen to have a lot of upward leakage.  Not seriously but this is interesting to at least speculate over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A bill expected to be introduced at the Metro Council's Tuesday meeting could put an end to drinking on the party buses that frequent Nashville's Lower Broadway. 

If ultimately passed, the bill would bar passengers of any motor vehicle from possessing open alcohol containers or drinking alcohol while the vehicle is in operation.

Metro Council member Sean Parker, the bill's author, said he proposed the legislation in an attempt to reduce road rage incidents and promote public safety. This includes party buses that host drinking passengers in the public right of way.

"These vehicles have essentially operated on a loophole the whole time, and that is that they don't serve alcohol," Parker said. "People bring alcohol onto the party bus, so that's why there's no licensing, there's no alcohol tax."

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2021/09/07/nashville-alcohol-drinking-allowed-on-party-bus-proposed-law/5758226001/

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bos2Nash locked and unlocked this topic
  • Bos2Nash locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.