Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

8 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

WOW, this is fascinating (and a little frightening). A few screenshots from the last hour.

4A4AC51C-B98F-4C4A-93FB-F1210FDAA4A5.jpeg

A0839239-8339-46E6-A183-C0E59E496B66.jpeg

89254EEB-DEDE-410E-8F46-E6A8EC54A60B.jpeg

B3CB18FA-F7A0-4D08-912B-373E0AF44B25.jpeg

29A4A39E-E331-4AA0-AA65-8DF283D20ECA.jpeg

391667DA-E54D-41E2-84F1-7280664ED693.jpeg

CA187173-1E19-4FCD-B954-5F64C1A37D0E.jpeg

I mean, none of these seem to be vehicles, so are we saying that Broadway needs to be regulated more and not the vehicles?

Are bars getting cited when their drunken customers are fighting? 

Is the city going after vehicles because that’s what was in the news?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I mean, none of these seem to be vehicles, so are we saying that Broadway needs to be regulated more and not the vehicles?

It should be a resounding both/and... not either/or.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FrankNash said:

The Charlotte Observer is reporting Chip Ganasssi Racing the Concord NC based NASCAR team is going out of business as of Nov. 7th.   The new owners are Musician Pitbull and Justin Marks of Trackhouse Racing.  Marks is said to be looking at a 2022 move from NC to Nashville.   

Trackhouse Entertainment (parent company of Trackhouse Racing) is actually already located here in Nashville. Even before they announced the Ganassi acquisition they wanted to move the racing team here and Justin Marks mentioned as early as 2023, but that is a quick move for a large operation. That 11/07 date is the beginning of a 14 day transition period. Ganassi filed a notice with the North Carolina Dept. of Commerce that this will result in 55 permanent layoffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, PaulChinetti said:

I think each bar needs to have private security (not just bouncers), or more security, that assist metro police. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Article in last week's Scene by Bill Freeman (publisher/owner of The Scene) about Lower Broadway. 

'Is Lower Broadway undergoing another “rebirth”?'

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/billfreeman/from-bill-freeman/article_c5a7b378-128e-11ec-85af-6fe562d8c6cd.html

Do these so called "leaders" not understand the concept of providing facts and details?

The only incident they hang their hat on is the guy who fell off the bus.

Of the 200 "downtown" calls, how many of those were concerning Broadway? How many were about locals fighting and killing one another? How many were about locals robbing and assaulting tourists? How many involved tourists committing criminal acts? How many involved the homeless?

I'm noticing a pattern. It looks like the geritol users can't get over the fact that Nashville tourism isn't based on what they want it to be.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 2

There is a rezoning asked for or pending. Also when there is a new overlay, they have to do a letter for every address involved in the overlay. I think if you saw it last Monday, you probably noticed there were like 4 pages of the MPC Zoning Letters. These all have to go in front of Planning and will appear on Development Tracker at some point in the next week or so.

Sometimes the zoning is minor and sometimes it is major. So remember if it is a change it has to go through Planning and if it is an appeal it goes through BZA.

Hey Craig , or Taylor if I didn’t explain correctly or did not say something that was not correct please correct me, but that is the way I understand things.

• Like 3