Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Nashville Tractor guy, Michael Winters, runs a very good business and I don't know why his company was dropped.  His wagons have less loud music and aren't out on the streets late at night.  By my experience, the Upstate Party Bus people are loud and run late at night.  That owner is throwing his employees in front of his bad behavior by suggesting "We can do what we want because we want our employees to have jobs."  That logic makes no sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Those are all awful. They look like political yard signs.

One nice thing about the old embossed-metal plates was that the technology forced a degree of simplicity on the designer. Now states can clutter the plate with garish backgrounds and unnecessary mottoes and URLs. 

• Like 4

The new car license plates look like what they are-metal ID badges for our cars. I’m going to bolt one of those designs on the back of my vehicle, not frame it and hang it over the fireplace! I prefer the blue ones just because we seem to have had white for at least the last half century, but it really doesn’t matter to me which design is selected.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2021 at 8:12 AM, nashvylle said:

I think he is using Nashville as leverage to get it built in Indianapolis. I haven't done much research, but I think he is asking for taxpayer money. This museum would be great, but no taxpayer $ should go towards it IMO. 

Indy may be willing to give him taxpayer money for this but Nashville is rich in tourist attractions and would not be willing, I hope.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I sort of did. Count of the number of possible cranes up by this time next year and we could be close to 50, but timing is everything as you know. I do feel good that we will break 40 which will be a record. Now this is cranes up at the same time. The cranes will run from the East Bank all through the Downtown, The Gulch, Midtown, and West End

This is one of those times I wish there was a 'WOW!' :o emoji available on the like button, LOL. 

• Like 3