Jump to content

Nashville Bits and Pieces


smeagolsfree

Recommended Posts


  • Bos2Nash locked and unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Ok everyone, sadly, I knew this would be a political firestorm. I am only hoping this is technology jobs for Nashville

Let's please get back on track

Thanks! 

Thank you for posting news about a company relocating to Nashville. It was informative and void of opinion. Also, I see nothing wrong with EVERYONE expressing their opinion in a respectful way.... unless it's super funny; then I really don't care if it's respectful or not. JK JK. on with the track we're getting back to...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Baronakim said:

Since y'all liked the old photo of the area at the location of the Horizon ball field, I thought this would be a really good photo to show newer folks  the massive changes since I was a teenager in the heart of the core.  The first is looking up 4th Avenue N. from Church Street.  This was taken in about 1960 before the Maxwell House Hotel burned  Christmas Eve 1961.  The lovely old First American Bank you see beyond the sign  was sacrificed with the 6 city block "urban renewal" demolition in the  1970s.  I would prefer to still have it rather than the POS they built back.  The 3 buildings in the second photo enlargement are still there, but have suffered "improvements".  The large building with the Liquors signage was demolished for a Wells Fargo building with an open plaza in front.  It was converted to the Bobby Boutique Hotel some years ago.  The turreted Southern Turf building thankfully is still there and is restored. Likewise the next group of buildings had their facades lovingly dismantled and restored as part of the the Dream Hotel.  the 6 story Climax Saloon was taken down entirely and rebuilt and the old Utopia was gutted and restored as part of the new hotel.  It is interesting to see the room windows of the Noel Hotel all had window air conditioning units as central air conditioning was still a decade away.  I hope y'all like these vignettes of the city as I remember it 60 years or so ago; I have quite a few others to post.

14520416_1563670146992321_135856926865643460_n.jpg

Southeast  4thUnion Royal Cigar Store, Famous Brands Liquor Store, Wohlmuth Tailor Shop, Westinghouse Appliances.jpg

Ironically, the "urban revival" made the area less "urban".

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 10/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, MLBrumby said:

Ugh... now I'm quoting myself. Anyway here's more on the Amazon donation for the park. https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2021/10/15/amazon-commits-50-000-nashvilles-church-street-park-redevelopment/8467452002/ 

My opinion is they should put up a wroght iron fence around the park and open the gates from dawn/dusk or some point after dark. They need to finish the trompe l'oeil painting now... the presumed whimsy of an unfinished work of art has grown stale. Plus, I think it'd be nice to have booths for a farmers market or crafts open on weekends like a bazaar.  Just my take. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Maybe it was just a matter of time before the rowdiness of LoBro spilled over into Bridgestone... smh.  https://fox17.com/news/local/video-fight-breaks-out-during-preds-home-opener-at-bridgestone-arena-nashville-nhl-hockey-predators-fans 

What does Broadway have to do with fans of opposing teams fighting? And while you're at provide a log of all of the "rowdiness" of Broadway.

 

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Licec said:

What does Broadway have to do with fans of opposing teams fighting? And while you're at provide a log of all of the "rowdiness" of Broadway.

 

"Maybe"?!?! It's English. And do you honestly need a "log of rowdiness" of Broadway (whatever that is)?  MAYBE you should go there tonight! 

And another thing, haven't  you been warned a few times by the mods here about your belligerent tone?  You seem to want to pick fights with others. Were you at Bridgestone last night? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Ugh... now I'm quoting myself. Anyway here's more on the Amazon donation for the park. https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2021/10/15/amazon-commits-50-000-nashvilles-church-street-park-redevelopment/8467452002/ 

My opinion is they should put up a wroght iron fence around the park and open the gates from dawn/dusk or some point after dark. They need to finish the trompe l'oeil painting now... the presumed whimsy of an unfinished work of art has grown stale. Plus, I think it'd be nice to have booths for a farmers market or crafts open on weekends like a bazaar.  Just my take. 

 

Or they could do what they need to do, which is close it down and build the Paramount Tower.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, MLBrumby said:

"Maybe"?!?! It's English. And do you honestly need a "log of rowdiness" of Broadway (whatever that is)?  MAYBE you should go there tonight! 

And another thing, haven't  you been warned a few times by the mods here about your belligerent tone?  You seem to want to pick fights with others. Were you at Bridgestone last night? 

 I know it's English, that's why I asked in the plainest English possible so the question could be understood by anyone.

Again, how is a fight inside of a sports arena between two fans of opposing sports teams the result of "rowdiness" on Broadway?

And if Broadway is as rowdy as you are bellowing, then how come there are so many men who are not "rowdy", older people , and younger women enjoying Broadway? Logic says those people would avoid a place like that like the plague. Also why would there be so many luxury high end hotels opening to cater to the people who go there? Are you saying their business model is to market to "rowdy" people? 

What is belligerent about asking for evidence of your declarative statement? Is this another one of those attempts to make up some infraction to escape having to backup a declarative statement by calling on moderators for a rescue?

 

Edited by Licec
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.