Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

First the bad news: the 'iconic' 30 year old downtown photo seems to be the only view you can see in the national media and so it's the first thing you see in the piece. Then there's the statement "Nashville feels like Austin did 10 years ago" which in the piece refers to the tech scene but which unfortunately is the tag line at the top of this piece about CA residents moving there:

https://www.sfgate.com/places/article/bay-area-exodus-to-nashville-tennessee-16698224.php

You would think the economic development people would pay for a new photo of the Nashville core and upload to Getty images and be done with it.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 4

On 12/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/nashville-tn?assettype=image&license=rf&alloweduse=availableforalluses&family=creative&phrase=Nashville tn&sort=mostpopular

I don't even see that image on the first page of Getty, I don't know where these folks keep finding it on there haha. 

I clicked that link and 9 of the first 20 photos are the generic river photos, with 3 of the top 6 being basically the same photo

Edited by bigeasy
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hy-Vee expanding to Nashville and area with Distribution center and stores.

This was in the TN but everyone can read on Yahoo news!

Hy-Vee plans expansion outside Midwest, introducing stores in three southeastern states and Indiana by 2023 (yahoo.com)

This could be the brand for the HG Hill project in Germantown.

I’ve shopped at Hy-Vee stores on occasion back in my years of working on the road. Nice stores. This additional competition in the grocery business will likely mean some brands will step up their game. I wonder if some smaller players in the business will survive.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 8:46 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Hy-Vee expanding to Nashville and area with Distribution center and stores.

This was in the TN but everyone can read on Yahoo news!

Hy-Vee plans expansion outside Midwest, introducing stores in three southeastern states and Indiana by 2023 (yahoo.com)

This could be the brand for the HG Hill project in Germantown.

I texted my step mom who grew up in Iowa asking what she thought about the chain, and she absolutely raved about them. Said that Hy-Vee was her favorite store. Glad to have some additional competition in the area, hopefully this goads Kroger into continuing to step their game up and raise quality across the board. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, TNinVB said:

As for the grocery store posts above, I hope that the Nashville area can get a Wegman’s and Lidl. We have many Lidl’s here in Hampton Roads and a Wegman’s that opened in 2019. It’s an impressive grocery store. 

Agreed! Love the Wegmans store layouts and all the variety of prepped foods they carry (they open in MA a couple years prior to me moving south). Lidl is a great competitor to Aldi and I shopped at both when studying abroad in Germany. They are both great.

• Like 4