Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

We need more housing everywhere. ASAP. As fast as possible. 

The process of people moving to "cheaper" places will just continue as each new hot city runs out of houses. It's been happening in Nashville for years now. See the growth explosion in all the outer counties. 

I saw a "hot city" list the other day and Mobile, Alabama was on the list, MOBILE. First bullet was affordable housing. 

Mobile, Alabama!! That's incredible. Even Huntsville, Alabama, is experiencing this issue, where one of its suburb counties (Limestone) is growing faster than Huntsville's home county (Madison).

I'm curious to see how southern states will address our housing supply inelasticity, and I'm hopeful that the toolbox involves more than just suburban sprawl (shoutout ATL).

• Like 4

Reported from 'The Hill's news service today that Nashville is 1 of 4 finalist cities being considered for hosting the 2024 Republican Convention.

This is NOT a political post, nor is it intended to endorse nor disapprove of Nashville doing its thing. Just an update... because if it's here, it'll impact us. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/588744-republicans-narrow-search-for-2024-convention-site-to-four-cities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Reported from 'The Hill's news service today that Nashville is 1 of 4 finalist cities being considered for hosting the 2024 Republican Convention.

This is NOT a political post, nor is it intended to endorse nor disapprove of Nashville doing its thing. Just an update... because if it's here, it'll impact us. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/588744-republicans-narrow-search-for-2024-convention-site-to-four-cities

Like hosting the NFL Draft, hosting a political convention is a rite of passage for a city.  I say, bring it on, regardless of party.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If we get either one, I am very concerned for the city. With that being said, the eyes of the world will be on Nashville, for better or worse. It will bring journalist and news crews from around the globe to which ever city gets the prize if you can call it that. 

I will say the State needs to pick up the cost for this one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Nashville's apartment market is still very strong with occupancy rates at 93%, and a 24.1% growth in rental rates in the past year. Almost 9,000 units are under construction, and 28,000 more are in the pipeline, according to ApartmentData's website.

More at NBJ here: 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/01/07/deal-dash-hall-emergy-germantown.html

What is the current number of apartments? The 9k and 28k seem like a lot but how material are those numbers against the current baseline?

5 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

This video made me really miss two specific things…the lights in the trees at Riverfront Park (and along Second Avenue, although they didn’t show 2nd) and the lights that once outlined the “R2-D2” building!

Otherwise, all I can say is “we’ve come a long way, baby!”

B6DD52C1-3B12-4353-8419-9EEC28EE64A4.jpeg

Yes exactly!! I wish they would bring the argon lights back. The skyline had better lighting back then lol.