Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

36 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Surely if the undercount is that bad that there will have to be a recount right? I mean this effects 10 years of numbers.

I think the damage has already been done with the way many people see it, in the allotment of congressional seats. I think this is a lesson that hopefully teach these states the value of investing in their census taking infrastructure and advertising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Surely if the undercount is that bad that there will have to be a recount right? I mean this effects 10 years of numbers.

I don't know how you could, the census is a huge operation and already hard enough to get right (obviously). By the time you got through the funding wrangling, politics, and lawsuits, it would be time to start ramping up for 2030 anyway.

• Like 1

I have noticed an oddity as well. Some permits that show issued in the daily permits, but do not show up on the Building Permits Issued. The Metro Codes is fouled up beyond all belief right now. FUBAR

I saw one today for the Haven Charlotte for 40 million that did not show up in the permits issued. I think the one for Pinnacle was done a couple of weeks ago and also never showed.

• Confused 1

There 's a new house on our side of town, infill on an established street, that was finished and purchased within the last year....in my family we call it the BMW House.  There are at least seven (I have counted eight) BMWs in the drive/garage at most times.  Story is they too packed up for some California Leavin'.  We have a lot of folks here in Cookeville and the UC that have made the trek across the country from California.  It seems almost everyone knows someone new from California who chose to reside here; I work with a person who cashed in five years ago in Northern California and resettled....he and his family love it in Tennessee.  It's crazy...a California diaspora focused to Tennessee.  The person on the article above called it the new American Dream...to live in Tennessee.  Maybe not, but certainly could be the Californian Dream.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

One family at my church bought over 100 acres in Silver Point where they have 10 gig internet, they have creeks and waterfalls on their property, and yet they're less than an hour from the Nashville airport.

Every time I watch Yellowstone I do a search for 100+ acre farms in Tennessee. :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

California really is sending their best, aren't they?  A manager at the high end, award winning and world renowned ........ Puckett's.  And a real estate agent!

"PEOPLE ARE MOVING IN DROVES TO NASHVILLE!!!!111"   Only talks to people who moved to Spring Hill, Franklin and Mt Juliet.

"Do you think urban sprawl could make Nashville like California?"  "No, there's just so much land."

Over/under years before these big brains start calling for 'The' 65 to be expanded?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

California really is sending their best, aren't they?  A manager at the high end, award winning and world renowned ........ Puckett's.  And a real estate agent!

"PEOPLE ARE MOVING IN DROVES TO NASHVILLE!!!!111"   Only talks to people who moved to Spring Hill, Franklin and Mt Juliet.

"Do you think urban sprawl could make Nashville like California?"  "No, there's just so much land."

Over/under years before these big brains start calling for 'The' 65 to be expanded?

Yessss!!! Yessss!!!

The right ones are coming!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

We have heard some rumors about the dairy property, and they are pretty impressive if true.

When can we expect some news about these plans? It now appears that they are dismantling the equipment, possibly to prepare for demolition of buildings? So I would imagine that some type of permits have been issued