Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

No more Republican or Democrat convention thread conversation in this thread.

No further discussion on this issue! I am starting a new thread in the coffee house so for those of you that wish to partake in the poison may do so.

Seems like the "bits n pieces" thread is exactly the right spot for a conversation like this?  Folks can't just ignore discussions they aren't interested in apparently?  It's off to conversational purgatory with this one then I guess.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

It gets its own thread without other things being interjected into the conversation. I for one do not want to moderate this painful headache. You folks do not realize what a pain in the ass it is to moderate this is when politics, religion and such get thrown into the mix. If you guys want to discuss and have a virtual free for all in the Coffee House then go for it. 

Please enough already!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This place is so confusing sometimes.  Apologies for the Nashville based discussion taking place in this Nashville discussion message board.  Anyway, on to the next topic, I guess!  What should we talk about?  

elmo-sesame-street.gif

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MorganRehnberg said:

Pedestrianizing 1st Ave just has huge potential. Imagine cafes opening up toward the river and a huge linear park along the river. I was disappointed that didn’t seem to be part of the 2nd Ave recovery plan.

Welcome to the forum, MorganRehnberg!  : )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MorganRehnberg said:

Pedestrianizing 1st Ave just has huge potential. Imagine cafes opening up toward the river and a huge linear park along the river. I was disappointed that didn’t seem to be part of the 2nd Ave recovery plan.

Welcome MorganRehnberg! Our very own Titanhog has had this vision for 1st ave for a while now. She has some great ideas , that are very interesting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

NashvilleNowNext has a big feature on on the 4,217 residential units happening in 15 developments that are connected by greenways to downtown.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/07/11/4217-units-of-trail-oriented-development-connecting-downtown-nashville/

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.37.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.38.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.38.20 PM.png

Extremely well done, @Rlooper!   I love that you linked all of these projects to the Cumberland River Greenway, which is one of the most complete, unsevered (except for the Ascend segment)  greenways Nashville has,.   It speaks volumes to the dividends a good greenway system can have for a city!

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 7:57 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I do not want either one here. Protestors can and will get out of hand on both sides of the spectrum and if they do and there is considerable damage done to the downtown, then the individual legislators who wanted these circuses should be held accountable on a personal level including the governor. 

Damages should be paid for by them and not the taxpayers as it would be their debacle.  At some point Karma comes back around and bites both parties in the rear as they try to screw each other. We need to get rid of the two-party system and have as many parties as we can. Then it takes a coalition to stay in power and true compromise has to take place in order for things to get done.

And they need to Have Term limits!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nashville's downtown sidewalk vendors will be barred from the majority of the entertainment district's main corridors, according to a map of restricted areas adopted Monday.

Metro's Traffic and Parking Commission approved the map 4-2 as a temporary measure. Sidewalk vendors will be notified of the changes over the next seven business days and enforcement will begin July 21.

The move comes after Mayor John Cooper asked the commission in June to prohibit sidewalk vending between Union Street and Korean Veterans Boulevard from the Cumberland River to Eighth Avenue, calling vendors "a substantial blight for both pedestrians and brick-and-mortar businesses."

As many as 250 vendors have active, full-time sidewalk vending permits in Davidson County, and about 500 have "seasonal" vendor permits.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2022/07/12/nashville-sidewalk-vendors-barred-from-main-entertainment-district/10035002002/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The Purpose Hotel, a local boutique project to be initially funded by a Kickstarter campaign, is still in the developmental stage more than 6 years after it was initially birthed.  Plans were for a 17 story structure with between 200-300 rooms somewhere in the downtown core.

What's the purpose of the Purpose Hotel, to look like a high rise Noah's Ark?