Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Here is the email from Emporis to all contributing members. The first link does not even work!

Dear Emporis Community Member,

I am writing to let you know that we have made the decision to retire the Emporis community platform. This change will take effect on Tuesday 13th September 2022. Following the retirement you will no longer be able to access Emporis.

This decision was not made lightly. For more than twenty years, Emporis (and its predecessor site) has served as a platform for community members to share data, information and of course, great imagery of some of the tallest buildings and skyscrapers across the globe. I would like to thank you for your contributions over the years.

CoStar Group acquired Emporis in November 2020, recognising the truly global nature of the data in Emporis, and since the acquisition we have integrated much of that data into the global CoStar information platform for the benefit of our client base of brokers, owners, and lenders.

We know that many Emporis members share our passion for real estate – some of them as data enthusiasts; some as photographers; some as individuals who loved researching new cities and all of whom enjoyed contributing to an expanding real estate database.

CoStar is one of the largest commercial real estate information and analytics platform in the world and we are always seeking to hire new, talented individuals to help expand the platform into new markets and continue researching existing ones. If you are interested in any of our available roles within the Research group, please visit our careers website by clicking on the following link: https://www.costargroup.com/careers

In the meantime, should you have any questions or feedback, please contact our team at [email protected].

Once again, thank you for your contributions over the years and we wish you the best.

Matthew Green
CoStar Europe, Managing Director

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Here is the email from Emporis to all contributing members. The first link does not even work!

Dear Emporis Community Member,

I am writing to let you know that we have made the decision to retire the Emporis community platform. This change will take effect on Tuesday 13th September 2022. Following the retirement you will no longer be able to access Emporis.

This decision was not made lightly. For more than twenty years, Emporis (and its predecessor site) has served as a platform for community members to share data, information and of course, great imagery of some of the tallest buildings and skyscrapers across the globe. I would like to thank you for your contributions over the years.

CoStar Group acquired Emporis in November 2020, recognising the truly global nature of the data in Emporis, and since the acquisition we have integrated much of that data into the global CoStar information platform for the benefit of our client base of brokers, owners, and lenders.

We know that many Emporis members share our passion for real estate – some of them as data enthusiasts; some as photographers; some as individuals who loved researching new cities and all of whom enjoyed contributing to an expanding real estate database.

CoStar is one of the largest commercial real estate information and analytics platform in the world and we are always seeking to hire new, talented individuals to help expand the platform into new markets and continue researching existing ones. If you are interested in any of our available roles within the Research group, please visit our careers website by clicking on the following link: https://www.costargroup.com/careers

In the meantime, should you have any questions or feedback, please contact our team at [email protected].

Once again, thank you for your contributions over the years and we wish you the best.

Matthew Green
CoStar Europe, Managing Director

Think of it this way Smeags, you get you get personal time back for other research endeavors haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

M Street just announced two restaurant closures back to back. Whiskey Kitchen in the Gulch and Tavern in Midtown. We know Whiskey Kitchen will be a hotel, any word on Tavern? Or just simple closure?

Sounded like they we were stealing wages/ tips based on comments on Redditt (so take that as you will). But that because of that nobody wanted to work there anymore. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2021/03/18/nashville-restaurant-workers-awarded-628-k-wage-theft-lawsuit-settlements/4734302001/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

M Street just announced two restaurant closures back to back. Whiskey Kitchen in the Gulch and Tavern in Midtown. We know Whiskey Kitchen will be a hotel, any word on Tavern? Or just simple closure?

Elsewhere in Midtown,  Flatiron has also closed.   It was perfectly fine, but never seemed to catch on.   

Along with the empty space that was Caviar and Bananas, and I think all of the open retail space on the street level at the new 2010 West End building,  a lot of Midtown vacancies at the moment.....

7 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Hmm didn’t realize Flatiron had closed already. ReBar is also gone. Seems counterintuitive because Midtown is getting a lot of residential build.

The “ReBar at the Dam” location closed earlier this year. I had heard the owners were retiring. (I believe that both locations were the same ownership.) That one was rumored to have sold, but has not yet opened by a new owner. There was, however, some activity there yesterday, so things may be inching toward a renaissance.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 10:11 AM, Melrose said:

Elsewhere in Midtown,  Flatiron has also closed.   It was perfectly fine, but never seemed to catch on.   

Along with the empty space that was Caviar and Bananas, and I think all of the open retail space on the street level at the new 2010 West End building,  a lot of Midtown vacancies at the moment.....

I hate to hear that about "FlatIron as it was always good and had reasonable prices.  I will pay what seems to now be the new norm in Nashville, entrees in the $35 to $55 but it was great to have a place to sit down, with a drink and pay under $25 for a good entree.  Parking may have been the downfall.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Probably what needs to replace Flatiron in that building is something slightly downmarket-so people within walking distance like students and residents of  the new condos going could better afford it

Particularly with where the economy might be headed.

Wha? What's going on with the economy?

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, markhollin said:

One of the future buildings eyed for Houston-based Hines’ Reed District in Midtown (on the former Jim Reed auto dealership site) is expected to approach 600 feet.

Did I miss this news or is this the first we're hearing of it? I thought the tallest planned for Reed was in the 400's.

Also, great article. It reads like a succinct summary of Nashville's build situation for those who aren't following it closely.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2022 at 11:23 PM, MorganRehnberg said:

Nashville ranks 6th in the nation in the number of apartment units added in the downtown core since 2013.

https://www.storagecafe.com/blog/southern-us-takes-the-lead-for-downtown-apartment-construction/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of them have been converted to STRs :tw_grimace:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

William Williams (EastSideUrbanite) with a nice piece in the latest Nashville Post Magazine entitled "Up in the Air: Nashville offers lots of tall buildings -- but none above 600 feet."

It is behind the Nashville Post paywall, but since it mentions UrbanPlanetNashville several times, I am reposting it in full here:

Beyond the excitement that the visual of a sea of towers yields, Giarratana says there is a practical consideration that comes with maximizing building height on any given site.

“In addition to all the planning benefits of higher density, [taller than otherwise buildings] increase the property tax potential for each parcel of land,” he notes.

image.png

Thanks for this.  After receiving the edition and reading it, I wasn't sure of how to make mention of it, yet I thought it was really noteworthy within this community, especially.  Thanks @East Side Urbanite, really enjoyed it and so glad you wrote about this topic.

• Like 2