Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Great news. And assuming they stick to the First American Center (I will no longer call it Regions) great news for downtown Nashville office space. I don't know if they will need more space...but 'over the next 5 years' makes me think that they'll start at 90,000 sq ft and work their way up to putting a logo on the building. Hopefully some renovations will get more tenants in that building, too, so we can fill up the downtown space and start working on a new tower. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So what could we expect as far as the rehab goes of the Regions tower. Would this be an interior rehab, exterior, or both?

If there is improvement's to the exterior, to what extent would they be? I mean, are we talking about some touch up paint job, or a complete reclad?

So what could we expect as far as the rehab goes of the Regions tower. Would this be an interior rehab, exterior, or both?

If there is improvement's to the exterior, to what extent would they be? I mean, are we talking about some touch up paint job, or a complete reclad?

My money would be on the interior. There really isn't a good reason, monetarily, to do the outside other than signage. 

I wish they would do a total re-clad...but it probably won't happen.  I might be able to stand the current concrete "econo-box" look if they'd do something with the street level presence.  The Deaderick side isn't terrible (not great either), but the other three sides are hideous!  It is a "worst of the '70s" type of building in my eyes.  There is hardly anything about it that I find either attractive or redeeming.  It's right up there with that awful parking garage across the street from it.  Harsh, I know; but it is my opinion nonetheless.

That said, I'm glad that such a large tenant will be there.  The less office space that is available, the more the supply/demand dynamic tilts toward building a new, more urban friendly tower!

Remember that renovation proposal from a little while back that would have revamped the eastern portion of the base? I vaguely remember something with a lot of glass that would have been oriented toward the public square. Maybe they will do something like that and include restaurant space across the street from the park.

I might be able to stand the current concrete "econo-box" look if they'd do something with the street level presence.  The Deaderick side isn't terrible (not great either), but the other three sides are hideous!  It is a "worst of the '70s" type of building in my eyes.  There is hardly anything about it that I find either attractive or redeeming.  It's right up there with that awful parking garage across the street from it. 

My recollection of that Regions Center reno proposal was that it would be a three floor addition that would extend to the sidewalk on the Third Avenue side of the building.  Suggestion was that it would be restaurant space facing the Public Square Park and an executive-style fitness center in the upper floors.  The rendering of the new space looked pretty nice, but I'm sure that project is "gone with the wind."

Cool lineup, PH. While not notably tall, this represents a good bit of highrise infill, as you said. Question...I see you included the Buckingham hotel, but what about the residential component?

Also, the breakdown (by primary usage): 2 office, 6 hotel, 4 residential. I would expect there to be more residential/less hotel in the coming couple of years.

Gulch Crossing probably won't make the height cut here, but it should have a modest skyline impact. Hopefully we can get a couple more office buildings built in the not-so-distant future. I would love to see 505, though realistically Eakin is a much better possibility. 

In any case, Nashville might not look that much taller in the next few years, but definitely more robust.

...Gulch Crossing probably won't make the height cut here, but it should have a modest skyline impact....

Same goes for the 12-story Hilton Garden in in Sobro, which I believe is under construction already... and the Fairfield Suites which can be seen in the background here (zoom, past roundabout and to the left of Icon)...  http://oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/nashvilleconventioncenter  I was checking out this cam a few days ago and happened to zoom in to see the new roundabout and Belmont construction in the distance (hard to see btw).  Suddenly, it dawned on me that there is now a building where there wasn't one the last time I looked at the cam.  I rose in the past 5 months.