Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Only issue is parking. Was never an issue until Metro started charging for Saturday parking which SUCKS. I don’t know why John complained about 12 dollar burgers at Pinewood Social Club. He’s a vegetarian. LOL. BTW, had a 12 dollar burger at Burger Republic and it was great.

I would not mind trying it sometime. Looks as if they are going to have a decent sized space.

Only issue is parking. Was never an issue until Metro started charging for Saturday parking which SUCKS. I don’t know why John complained about 12 dollar burgers at Pinewood Social Club. He’s a vegetarian. LOL. BTW, had a 12 dollar burger at Burger Republic and it was great.

I would not mind trying it sometime. Looks as if they are going to have a decent sized space.

I don't need to murder innocent animals Ron for my protein intake. Tofu is just fine! Hate to break up happy families to eat calves parents. That is just cruel. The Burger was $13. I think they offered a veggie option, but I can get one of those at Gabby's for $7

• Like 1

^yikes!

Wow...just looked at their menu.  Their burgers look awesome.  However, even though I'm a pretty adventurous eater, when it comes to burgers, I'm kind of a purest.  High quality beef cooked medium rare, A little caramelized onion, a little high quality aged cheddar on a soft roll and I'm set. 

Edited by BnaBreaker

^yikes!

Wow...just looked at their menu.  Their burgers look awesome.  However, even though I'm a pretty adventurous eater, when it comes to burgers, I'm kind of a purest.  High quality beef cooked medium rare, A little caramelized onion, a little high quality aged cheddar on a soft roll and I'm set.

I am with you.

If it were not for happy little cow families, the world would not be populated with our happy little families. Hehehehehe. Just messing with you John.

• Like 1

^yikes!

When grilling them for myself, I'm pretty much a traditionalist as well...but these are great. Yes, a lot of places are doing the 'adventurous burger' thing, but these are legit. I've tried probably 7 or 8 different burgers there, and they are all good. It's not just a mish-mash of ingredients, they work well together, and are not so overly complex that you lose the taste of certain ingredients in the process. The meat is very good, the toppings are fresh, and the buns actually hold up through every bite, so you aren't holding a sad, soggy little roll at the end.

I've had Buy The Farm, Tennessee, Fenway, Jalapeno Popper, Black and Bleu, West Coast, Chili-Chili Bang Bang and Burger Republic. Every one was great, though I think I like Buy The Farm the best.

Frothy Monkey getting ready to finally open on 5th. Permits isssued. About time for sure. I have been waiting on this location for a while, especially as one that detest Starbucks and will not go in one.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/01/frothy-monkey-coming-to-downtown.html

Can't wait! My favorite coffee place in town.

And this is a really big deal.  Southwest Airlines is starting DIRECT service to DFW Airport.  For decades a federal law prohibited direct flights from airports in states that do not abut Texas (called the Wright Amendment) with some exceptions in recent years as the law was phased out.  SWA will be linking their Love operations with 15 key cities, including BNA. 

Here's more from the NBJ... http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/02/southwest-adds-direct-flight-between.html

And this is a really big deal.  Southwest Airlines is starting DIRECT service to DFW Airport.  

It's Love Field, not DFW.

Nashville is one of 15 cities that Southwest will begin servicing with a direct flight out of Dallas Love Field this fall, following the repeal of federal flight restrictions imposed in 1979 that limited the airport's reach

It's Love Field, not DFW.

Nashville is one of 15 cities that Southwest will begin servicing with a direct flight out of Dallas Love Field this fall, following the repeal of federal flight restrictions imposed in 1979 that limited the airport's reach

Right... honest mistake.  I knew that.  My first attempt at writing this did say Love, as the article makes quite clear.  The Wright Amendment was conceived to help DFW. I used to fly out of both quite frequently. It was a repeal that took several years to go into full effect.  

Edited by MLBrumby

Interesting piece of info.  I hope that's a typo in the text ("on" instead of "one") and not what Haslam would have said.  Sears is a dying company.

Here's one of the fluffy pieces on neighborhoods that the Tennessean puts out regularly.  Printers Alley getting more restaurants and hotels.  I wasn't aware that the Noel hotel project had started.  And what's the Wells Fargo plaza?  That short tower on Fourth Avenue?  That's the only one I can think of that would be adjacent to Printer's Alley in the back. This article is mostly an interview with Phil Martin, owner of Bourbon Street B&B.   I appreciate whenever any entrepreneur invests in an area like this, but couldn't he have picked a better name, one that's not reminiscent of another city?  

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140204/BUSINESS01/302040041/Printers-Alley-prepares-add-more-hotel-nightlife-options

Edited by MLBrumby

That was my take as well. Why would we want a company that is onthe verge of a slow and painful death here. The state would have been able to take the building back over in a few years.

I was not aware the Noel project had started either. No permits issued that I could see as I check them everyday. I read the article with interest for sure. I think the businesses had 90 days to vacate and I dont think that time is up.

• Like 1

Several recent U/C projects are well underway. I didn't snap pics because the weather was nasty, so we'll have to do a photo update another time.

-The Melrose project (old Melrose Lanes) has been moving right along. The front building seems to be mostly complete, and the back part looks to be completely framed. It definitely adds some mass to the area.

-Likewise, 2300 Berry Hill looks to be mostly complete. I don't know what the timetable is for people to start moving in, but it can't be too far off.

-The Hilton Garden Inn on KVB has the first story piers closest to the street up.

-The apartments on Rolling Mill Hill (City View?) has the elevator shafts up and stick framing up to probably 4 stories at some points.

-The apartments on Demonbreun (just below the roundabout) have really moved along...about 4 stories there as well. It's a bit deeper than I thought. Large building.

-The Residence Inn/Spring Hill Suites on West End at 18th (next to Hutton) has been U/C for a while now. Garage progress was painfully slow, but since they finished that, it has risen quickly. It's probably up floor 6 or 7. I think it is supposed to be 8 or 9 floors? It definitely has some mass to it, and will look pretty imposing from the back (Hayes and Church Sts). 

-Renasant Bank is at about the same point as the HGI, with the first floor piers in right at the street. That will be a heavy block once that and the Residence/Spring Hill are complete and join Hutton.

• Like 3

Several recent U/C projects are well underway. I didn't snap pics because the weather was nasty, so we'll have to do a photo update another time.

-The Melrose project (old Melrose Lanes) has been moving right along. The front building seems to be mostly complete, and the back part looks to be completely framed. It definitely adds some mass to the area.

-Likewise, 2300 Berry Hill looks to be mostly complete. I don't know what the timetable is for people to start moving in, but it can't be too far off.

-The Hilton Garden Inn on KVB has the first story piers closest to the street up.

-The apartments on Rolling Mill Hill (City View?) has the elevator shafts up and stick framing up to probably 4 stories at some points.

-The apartments on Demonbreun (just below the roundabout) have really moved along...about 4 stories there as well. It's a bit deeper than I thought. Large building.

-The Residence Inn/Spring Hill Suites on West End at 18th (next to Hutton) has been U/C for a while now. Garage progress was painfully slow, but since they finished that, it has risen quickly. It's probably up floor 6 or 7. I think it is supposed to be 8 or 9 floors? It definitely has some mass to it, and will look pretty imposing from the back (Hayes and Church Sts). 

-Renasant Bank is at about the same point as the HGI, with the first floor piers in right at the street. That will be a heavy block once that and the Residence/Spring Hill are complete and join Hutton.

10 floors for the Residence INN/Spring Hill Suites.