Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Anything special about it?  Does it provide a nice variety at least?  Or just barely a blip on the radar?  Pictures, cough, pictures, anyone?  :P

I wasnt able to stop to take one.

Nothing real speacial, sits flush against the building and looks tiny compared to the WKDF piece that it is next to.

This may have been posted ... It is good news and a good price.

A California investoricon1.png has bought the five-story, 86,062-square-foot office building at 810 Broadway for $9.5 million.

The building at the northeast corner of Broadway and Ninth Avenue North – across from the Estes Kefauver Federal Building – is roughly 90 percent leased.

In addition to local Internal Revenue Service offices, the Office of the Federal Public Defender for Middle Tennessee and the Tennessee Justice Project are among tenants. TodayCare Children’s Centers moved out at year-end.

Brokersicon1.png with Colliers International represented the seller 810 Broadway LLC, whose registered agent is Nathan Doyle Evans. Broadway/Nashville LLC, the entity that bought the building, listed Martha A. Spencer of Westlake Village, Calif., as its contact.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140219/BUSINESS/302190165/2095/BUSINESS02

For those who wanted to see the UBS signage. The north facing side has a red and white lit sign, and it still has scaffolding around it. Also, the east facing side has a flush non-lit sign, and there are no signs on the other two sides.

ubs_zpsf80c0c0d.jpg

Edited by gannman
  • Like 3

If this actually happens, it will be HUGE

It's funny. I'm in one of the areas that Google fiber would probably be installed. And literally, my internet speed has pretty much doubled tonight. I have never seen it so fast (I have AT&T basic service)  and have had this service for years. Hmmm wonder if that has anything to do with it?

• Like 1

For those who wanted to see the UBS signage. The north facing side has a red and white lit sign, and it still has scaffolding around it. Also, the east facing side has a flush non-lit sign, and there are no signs on the other two sides.

Thanks! Not too shabby.

Alex Palmer is actually building twin Siggys at the WES site. Watch out, Petronas Towers!

Ha ha now that's funny!

It must be something we have heard of before. Otherwise, why would us knowing the location give it away? Who knows. I'm just excited with all the development going on in Nashville. Exciting times.

Can we start taking bets? I have no knowledge of what might be on the radar, but my wild guesses are:

1) a prominent east nashville/main street mixed use building near 5th and main

2) a similar mixed use project in the nations on 51st ave north

3) and the big one- now that Bud Adams has passed, the titans will consolidate a considerable portion of their parking lots into structured garages with ground floor retail/bars and open up the rest of the footprint for a new mixed use neighborhood within the downtown interstate loop. Strings will be the anchor.

Edited by chelovek
  • Like 2

Hmmm.  

Something we wouldn't have expected to happen so soon.  Either means it's a project we've speculated about happening in the future, but not now...or it's something we don't think Nashville would get for a long time because of our size.

Location would give it away.  Since he mentioned Sobro, Westin, Sheet Music, 505CST, Four Seasons and WES...I'm not sure what to think.  Maybe the old convention center proposal?  Something in The Gulch?  

Huge.  Wonder if that means huge in impact to the area...or height?  Could it be a world-renowned hotel at the Buckingham site?

Edited by titanhog

When HCA made their N Gulch announcement, it was said that NW Mutual/Boyle would have an announcement to make in late Jan. Could it be N Gulch announcement? While that's not a large development in terms of height, it's def one of the, if not the largest projects in terms of footprint we're waiting to hear from...thats my guess (and hope)

It has to be something that's been discussed before. Eakin office tower maybe? I find it hard to believe a major development or tower would just pop up out of nowhere and it not be something we haven't already heard about. Especially if it's supposed to break ground by this fall like UA says.

I do recall a few articles back when Sheet Music was announced that Tony G. was wanting to build a high-rise condo tower downtown somewhere so that could be a possibility as well.

Edited by mirydi

It has to be something that's been discussed before. Eakin office tower maybe? I find it hard to believe a major development or tower would just pop up out of nowhere and it not be something we haven't already heard about. Especially if it's supposed to break ground by this fall like UA says.

I do recall a few articles back when Sheet Music was announced that Tony G. was wanting to build a high-rise condo tower downtown somewhere so that could be a possibility as well.

I was given the exact date, but I cannot share that either. I just wanted to get your curiosities up! However, If my source is about 99% right most of the time, I don't want to say anything else that could make his 1% error rate to come true! The biggest news is who the tenant is, that is why I cannot say anything. The tenant has to be verified by WW.

I was given the exact date, but I cannot share that either. I just wanted to get your curiosities up! However, If my source is about 99% right most of the time, I don't want to say anything else that could make his 1% error rate to come true! The biggest news is who the tenant is, that is why I cannot say anything. The tenant has to be verified by WW.

So...it sounds like a corporation...maybe relocating to Nashville.  Assuming there will be a tower built to suit them.  Maybe it IS the Eakin Tower?

I'd like for it to be the 505CST...but UA already said it's not that.