Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

If it is the Eakin tower, I wouldn't really consider that huge. Big, yes....Huge, no. Unless we're talking about a signigicant floor increase from the original proposal that is, which always could be a possibility given the tenant's needs. IF this information is correct, then my guess is that HCA is the tenant, and the Eakin tower is the chosen location. That could qualify as huge news I suppose. Maybe that's what he was refering to as being huge... :dontknow:

If it is the Eakin tower, I wouldn't really consider that huge. Big, yes....Huge, no. Unless we're talking about a signigicant floor increase from the original proposal that is, which always could be a possibility given the tenant's needs. IF this information is correct, then my guess is that HCA is the tenant, and the Eakin tower is the chosen location. That could qualify as huge news I suppose. Maybe that's what he was refering to as being huge... :dontknow:

I would guess HCA would need more space than what the Eakin site would offer. That would be more in the WES/505 class of building(s)...and we know that's not the case.

There were previously rumors of Lockheed Martin relocating to downtown Nashville, although that seems less likely than a Fiat-Chrysler relocation IMO. Another possibility would be CHS moving headquarters to a larger building since they'll likely need more room once their acquisition of Tenet is complete. They are now solidly the number 2 hospital company in the country by revenue and the largest in terms of number of hospitals.

From what I was told by my source, it will be a great tenant for the property. I have not spoken with WW today, but I have spoken with my source/friend today and he may start joining us at the forum meets. He has posted here a couple of times, but that has been awhile. He said he has some other information we will find valuable as he has been in the business for quite awhile. He gets info on a lot of projects. Glad to have him in our corner.

I have invited him to the next meet, and he may even  join us at a mini meet.

If I give any info on who the tenant is, it will give it away and WW won't get the story, but I will say it is not anyone that has been mentioned in this thread yet if that helps everyone out. No-one has guessed who the tenant is.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 2

This would be my guess too, on the old convention center site.   If so, the House of Blues music venue would be expected, and HoB Foundation could successfully have a Nashville initiative/office, bolstering community outreach programs for the adjacent African American music museum.  Plus, part of the tower could be a House of Blues hotel, and/or Live Nation offices.

Live Nation Entertainment out of Beverly Hills?

From this morning's Tennessean...(link may not work, since it is to a subscriber site)

In its most recent Nashville office market report, Eakin Partners included a rendering of the office building it has long planned at 1201 Demonbreun St., citing hopes of starting con­struction as soon as a few lead tenants are secured.

Already, there was chatter in local real estate circles about a potential July 1 start to con­struction — sparked by contrac­tor Brasfield & Gorrie updating its estimates of potential costs. “We’re hopeful, but again it all comes down to getting tenants signed up,” Eakin President Barry Smith said, citing talks with prospects for the 275,000­square-foot, 15-story building planned next to where the new T welve Twelve residential tow­er is going up in the Gulch.

The recent renderings show a 20+ story building,

Eakin20_zpsf7077083.jpg

However here is an early rendering of the 'shorter' Eakin Building proposed a few years ago. This one is only 12 floors, however.

Eakin15_zps62fb0a00.jpg

Admittedly, the article tends to play down the prospects of starting a building without a tenant signed up, but the local 'buzz' seems to imply a July start.

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 1

Hmmm, interesting!!  That would be very good to see the Eakin building rise, though, I wouldn't really consider that to be "huge" news, if that's what UA was referring to...I guess that doesn't really mean anything though since what one considers to be "huge" is completely subjective.  Either way, I hope we see this rise! 

Edited by BnaBreaker

Nashville Bank is a tiny tenant that wouldn't affect groundbreaking one way or the other

I tend to agree. That is really not a big enough of a tenant to start construction. They need a tenant of 200,000 sq ft minimum to start. I told John when he called me that Bank of Nashville was not that big of a tenant. I think that Eakin would want to publicize the fact they have a July 1 groundbreaking in order to obtain more tenants.

I remain skeptical, but I have also heard they were targeting this year as a groundbreaking. We will have to wait and see what comes out of all of this.

As for the other things John mentioned, one may have legs. William is doing the grunt work on that. I did send him needed information on the property in question, and again we will have to wait and see.