Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

The difference between this and Google is that I'm sure it will cost ridiculous money to the customer, while Google will be a one time fee (for the time being). AT&T has always had atrocious customer service (you too Comcast). That being said....bring it to Nashville. Competition is always a good thing and this does nothing but help show Nashville as a city that should be considered in tech.  

• Like 1

Regarding the Amphitheatre conversation, Don't forget about the Public Square Park at the Courthouse as an outdoor venue. It has been very successful in years past and is now opening up Deadrick to 4th ave for the event. Not sure how many people it can hold on any given night, but it attracted 72,000 fans during its run last year. The festival runs for three consecutive thursdays, so that would be an average of 24,000 fans per night.

Live on the Green expands, wraps concert series with three-day festival

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/04/live-on-the-green-expands-wraps-concert-series.html

live-on-the-green*600xx1014-676-5-0.jpg

Edit - Btw, I love this shot of the city!!!

Edited by nashmoney
  • Like 2

The LOTG run last year was six consecutive Thursdays, so more like 12,000 fans per show. This year they're moving to four consecutive weeks with a 3-day event (Thurs-Sat) for the final week.

Thanks...I thought 24,000 people averaged per night was a bit wee much lol

As a destination city like New Orleans with about 12 million tourist a year we will be getting most every hotel brand within the next 5 to 7 years. Nashville is actually better located for us to overtake most southeastern cities in drawing the most other than Orlando. I just hope the majority of the new hotels will be within the 440. 

. I just hope the majority of the new hotels will be within the 440. 

I would think that that would be the case.  The airport and Opryland areas could get some more (hopefully just replacements for some of the crappier ones out there), and Green Hills could maybe get more some day.  But everybody wants to be in the central city these days.

Interesting article in the Tennessean about the area breweries. I definitely think the East Gulch area shuld be branded "Brewers Row"

Independent breweries enhance Nashville's neighborhoods

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/04/28/wood-caldwell-independent-breweries-enhance-nashvilles-neighborhoods/8426839/

• Like 2

If only it weren't in such a terrible location...

Hopefully it won't be the type of place it is forever. There's currently the large mixed use development planned for one of the industrial lots, and if Greer can be redeveloped into something then I think Wedgewood Houston may be the next urban neighborhood to really be revitalized. There is already quite a bit of renovation and new construction happening closer to Wedgewood. Hopefully that extends north a bit.

• Like 1

Why is this a terrible location? W-H is experiencing a bit of a renaissance & things could really take off if Greer is handled appropriately.

Hopefully that'll be the case, seems like a pretty big if though.  I wonder how many 'renaisssance' areas Nashville can handle at once.

Why is this a terrible location? W-H is experiencing a bit of a renaissance & things could really take off if Greer is handled appropriately.

Also, don't forget that Greer Stadium is steps from 8th Ave, which is underdoing a renaissance of its own.  The area south of downtown is really hodge-podge, but it will all come together sooner rather than later.

Edited by bwithers1

Hopefully that'll be the case, seems like a pretty big if though.  I wonder how many 'renaisssance' areas Nashville can handle at once.

Wedgewood Houston is booming right now!  A lot of new residential construction.  Its fast becoming one of the favorites for creative types.  Check out Fort Houston http://forthouston.com/about/ and Seedspace http://seedspace.org/about, Houston station is a cool place as well.  The Mac Authority and Griffin Technologies, the company that did the amazing renovation to the Sawtooth building are also in this neighborhood http://griffintechnology.com/blog/special-events/sawtooth/ as is one of the hottest hamburger joints in town Gabby's Burgers.  There's a lot going on in this hood and more on the way!  

I also wonder how many renaissance areas Nashville can handle sometimes but none of these areas are showing any signs of slowing down.  Inventory is very low and homes are selling the day they hit the market.  The influx of people and money into this city is the real deal.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard of The Wild West Comedy Festival, which takes place from May 14th to May 18th in various venues throughout Nashville?  I just heard about this festival today for the first time, and it sounds quite major.  It is definitely the biggest stand up comedy based festival I have ever heard of.  Am I the only one who wasn't aware of this? 

There are some huge names performing, including:

Aziz Ansari

The Lonely Island

Seth Meyers

Dennis Miller

Bill Burr

Aisha Tyler

Chelsea Handler

Nick Swardson

Chris Hardwick

Demitri Martin

Ralphie May

http://wildwestcomedyfestival.com/index.cfm

• Like 2

Has anyone heard of The Wild West Comedy Festival, which takes place from May 14th to May 18th in various venues throughout Nashville?  I just heard about this festival today for the first time, and it sounds quite major.  It is definitely the biggest stand up comedy based festival I have ever heard of.  Am I the only one who wasn't aware of this? 

There are some huge names performing, including:

Aziz Ansari

The Lonely Island

Seth Meyers

Dennis Miller

Bill Burr

Aisha Tyler

Chelsea Handler

Nick Swardson

Chris Hardwick

Demitri Martin

Ralphie May

http://wildwestcomedyfestival.com/index.cfm

I had read recently that some organizers had selected four cities as possibilities to host the event. They came to Nashville first and decided there was no need to look any further. This was the place.

Wish I could remember the names of the organizers as they were well known comics themselves.

• Like 1

I had read recently that some organizers had selected four cities as possibilities to host the event. They came to Nashville first and decided there was no need to look any further. This was the place.

Wish I could remember the names of the organizers as they were well known comics themselves.

This has gotten some coverage in the Scene and in the Tennessean. I think Vince Vaughn is one of the major financial backers of the project. It does look like a pretty powerful lineup -- I hope it does well.

Cool News....

"The UTK College of Architecture+Design just announced that Philip Enquist, leader of the city design practice at prominent global architecture firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, has been named a UT-ORNL Governor's Chair. He'll lead a team that focuses on sustainable urbanism and high-performance buildings"