Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Cool News....

"The UTK College of Architecture+Design just announced that Philip Enquist, leader of the city design practice at prominent global architecture firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, has been named a UT-ORNL Governor's Chair. He'll lead a team that focuses on sustainable urbanism and high-performance buildings"

UTK really needs to improve their presence in Nashville.  

• Like 1

Very cool, PH.   

hey, where did you find that rendering of the amphitheater?     that looks more detailed than what I recall having seen so far.    or maybe we've seen that and I forgot. 

It was in the original renderings. I just cropped and enlarged it. I haven't heard of or seen anything different, so I suppose that's the design they are going with.

UTK really needs to improve their presence in Nashville.  

They are doing that via the College of Architecture and Design. They have a pretty good presence in the Civic Design Center and have for quite a while. Knoxville hasn't been nearly as active in terms of urban development as we have been, so it makes sense that aspiring architects would want to make a field trip over here.

Btw -- I've been generally impressed by the work that the UT students bring to the table (some of which can be found on the Civic Design Ctr website).

As for any other presence -- I doubt either TSU or MTSU would want UT encroaching on their turf.

• Like 1

Well, MTSU doesn't really have much of an architecture department, not sure if there's even a minor in it. Now as for UT, they've got a department, major, etc.

I know. I guess what I'm saying is that is where UT is making its presence felt. Most other programs can be represented by Nashville area public universities.