Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Given current events and attitudes, this type of hyperbole should not be used in this, or any other forum.

Ok, I will think and edit, prior to posting next time. My apology, and it won't happen again.

-=rr=-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Nashville may have a 'boot problem' people.

On Monday am (black Monday at BNA when 200,000 CMA Fest attendees depart and 80,000 Bonaroo people begin to arrive) my daughter was delayed in airport security by 100's of tourist trying to remove cowboy (and Cowgirl) boots at the TSA check through.

What are we going to do about it?

<snark>

I love this City!

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 1

Over this past weekend I noticed that the entire top half of the AT&T building was dark. No illumination on the spires, no illumination on the AT&T logo. Even the red aviation warning lights seemed to be off. A malfunction? The downtown skyline looked strange. Any info?

• Like 1

I noticed it like that a few weeks ago. I really wish they would restore the lighting to how it was before the at&t logo went up there. Even when the lights are on, some always seem to be blown out.

I know there is someone on the forum that actually works in the tower. Maybe they could find out what's going on and why the lights that used to shine up the slanted part of the roof aren't illuminated anymore.

Which lights are you referring to? The lights that lit up the slanted roof and bridge between the spires have been out since the at&t logo went up years ago. The rest of the lights on the spires have been working normally with the occasional blown light. The lights don't even appear as bright as they used to. I wonder if they switched over to LED's,

Edited by bruceman73

Does anyone know anything about this? 

OprylandWaterPark_zps50fb2c4c.jpg

It was posted on SSP in the Memphis compilations. More can be found here....LINK.

I remember hearing a year or two ago that the plan was to put a water park/theme park in that area, but my understanding was it got scrapped. If I recall correctly, something about a falling out between Dolly Parton and another financier or something like that. I could be remembering this all wrong. It would be nice to get something going here again...

I remember hearing a year or two ago that the plan was to put a water park/theme park in that area, but my understanding was it got scrapped. If I recall correctly, something about a falling out between Dolly Parton and another financier or something like that. I could be remembering this all wrong. It would be nice to get something going here again...

That was across McGavok on the other side of Briley, if I recall. This, I haven't seen this before...

Yes, that particular project was to be across the street and include a (snow?) ski slope. When Opryland was sold to Marriott, Dolly dropped her support.

The development of the wasteland between Gaylord Opryland Hotel/Convention Center and the Grand Old Opry House and Opry Mills is SERIOUSLY overdue!  I've not heard anything of this project, but the last of my close contacts with the old guard of Gaylord have moved on in the last year.  I will be anxious to see & hear details of this, should it prove to be a legitimate proposal.