Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blake_p

New Belgium Brewery in RVA?

4 posts in this topic

This article lists Asheville, Philly and two unnamed cities as finalists for New Belgium's East Coast Brewery.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20111129/NEWS01/111129007/New-Belgium-announces-2-new-beers-potential-locations-East-Coast-brewery

I've heard rumors that Richmond was one of the two unnamed cities and that they had looked at several sites in the city. However, those same rumors said that Asheville was the leading candidate. Even if they don't open up their brewery here, I suspect that we'll be hearing more about them in Richmond in the coming months.

I don't get the hype with this beer. They just recently started distributing in Hampton Roads and there is a lot of fan-fare but it's nothing special in my book. I'll take a Legend (Richmond) or O'Connors (Norfolk) over New Belgium any day. All I can figure is they put a ton of $$$ into a national marketing campaign making it out to be gods nectar.

Asheville has a bunch of independent breweries so I don't see the hipster capital of the east coast putting New Belgium on a pedestal but maybe I'm wrong.

This article lists Asheville, Philly and two unnamed cities as finalists for New Belgium's East Coast Brewery.

http://www.coloradoa...t-Coast-brewery

I've heard rumors that Richmond was one of the two unnamed cities and that they had looked at several sites in the city. However, those same rumors said that Asheville was the leading candidate. Even if they don't open up their brewery here, I suspect that we'll be hearing more about them in Richmond in the coming months.

I have heard the same...