New "12 South Lofts" w/ Retail | COMPLETED

smeagolsfree

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they're taken from opposite corners. The drawing is facing the corner to the right in the CGI image. Looks like the only major difference is the addition of balconies for the apartments.

I see what you mean now. To my eyes, the addition of the color and the sort of marquis divider thing in the center looked more contemporary than the line drawing with balcony details and the sketched trees. I should have taken a closer (and less superficial) look!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this is terrific. Who says that developers can't/won't build retail with parking in the rear? I wish that HG Hill were putting this building or something like it on their lot behind my house in East Nashville. This would totally conform with the Gallatin Road SP and would make everyone happy over there.

I like the fact that they are having the parking lot behind the building, and widening the sidewalks, making it more street friendly

Me too. In my opinion, the city should be forcing developers to do this. There is no conceivable advantage to putting parking in the front, aside from saving drivers a couple seconds of driving time. On the other hand, there are multiple advantages to putting parking in the back and pushing the structure up to the street.

Kind of related. Attached is an article from the City Paper about the rising home prices and increasing amount of tear-downs east of Belmont Boulevard heading toward the 12 South area. I was interested to read that a number of home sales are to individuals and families - most likely empty nesters - moving closer to downtown from Williamson County. The 12th and Paris building, which is sort of a precursure to the 12 South Lofts building, is cited as a turning point in the neighborhood's transition. http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/12souths-renaissance-resets-former-bad-side-belmont

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never realized that there was that much open space behind this parcel.

It's part of the grounds for the old Waverly-Belmont School...so it's actually Metro land. Wouldn't be a bad idea to add some benches and landscaping.

The school is/was used by metro for its school library services.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived