Crime

all2neat

Crime is a serious problem here that will stunt growth and development of Baton Rouge. Is no area in this town safe anymore? I never thought something like this would happen at the Mall of LA. At least no one died.

East Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputies investigated a shooting that injured two people outside a restaurant at the Mall of Louisiana on Saturday night.

Deputies were called to the scene at 9:35 p.m., Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said.

Two people were wounded outside near Dillard’s, Hicks said. They were transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

(cont)

http://theadvocate.com/home/1751127-125/two-injured-in-mall-shooting.html

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, something needs to seriously be done about all this crime, but this does not need to scare people away or prohibit future growth, we all need to fight this crime wave together and continue to try and make Baton Rouge the best place it can be. This just means more police are needed everywhere now and no area of town can be taken for granted. :ermm:

• 3 months later...

Robbery Suspects Arrested

Robbery Suspects Arrested

Three men were left begging for their lives this week after an armed duo confronted them at gunpoint in separate incidents in the dark, early morning hours outside their Shenandoah homes.

“I was frightened out of my mind,” said Sidney Deloach, 72, who was pistol-whipped and knocked to the ground by the men as he returned home from buying a newspaper about 4:30 a.m. Thursday.

“They both had their guns pointed straight at my head, no more than four or five inches from my head, saying, ‘I’m gonna shoot you,’ ” Deloach said.

Sheriff’s detectives believe the armed duo who threatened to kill Deloach and two other men also broke into as many as 30 cars within a one-mile radius in the Shenandoah subdivision between Wednesday and Thursday, according to affidavits of probable cause filed by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office.

http://theadvocate.com/news/2565893-123/robbery-suspects-arrested

Seriously, how much cash are you going to get robbing people on their way to work at 5AM?

I bet Trudy White sentences them to "random acts of kindness".

Unfortunately this could easily be the busiest thread here on UP <_<

I am afraid you are right. We all want people to move to and invest in the city. Without addressing the reasons they left, all efforts will be futile. Crime is a complicated issue, but there are short term fixes that can be done.

It will be THE issue in the next mayoral election.

I googled this....don't see anything shown in Springlake here; not sure why?? Because that area sure has seemed out of control in recent memory!

http://spotcrime.com/la/baton+rouge

I have worked in the Public School System for a few years...never would have expected a armed robbery from this guy?(who attended a school I worked at); he did not cause much trouble & played on basketball team. Life can get hard after HS...Got shot & killed in Valley Park a few weeks ago

http://www.bodyfound.net/baton-rouge-louisiana-charles-wayne-alexander-idd-as-victim-in-fatal-shooting/

A couple of more shootings last night off America Street at 15th...and another off Madison & 17th...

Really sad...

On the Front Page of this mornings Advocate

http://theadvocate.com/utility/homepagestories/2623922-129/lil-boosie-judge-prosecutors-may

Could this be the criminal element thuggin it & lovin it in nearby Springlake??

Disturbing...Gardere Lane aka Pakistan

Bankstown 75th Ave Niggas

All on You Tube...Sherwood Brick Boys at Brandywine HQ's; Southside Wreckin Crew, Ghost Town, Easy Town, Eden Park, Brookstown...etc

Operation Cease Fire finds funding

The East Baton Rouge Metro Council approved $150,000 to go toward enacting "Operation Cease Fire" in north Baton Rouge, a program that would employ older, ex-offenders, as youth mediators in their neighborhoods.

"To go in, not only to target violent offenders, but to establish rapport with the good people in that community," said Baton Rouge Police Chief Dewayne White.

The money came out of the special programs budget, money that the Metro Council took control of from Mayor Kip Holden's office back in December. The mayor's office said they agree with implementing Operation Cease Fire, but they wanted to use the special programs money to pay a lobbyist firm, focused on getting federal money for Baton Rouge.

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/louisiana-politics/operation-cease-fire-finds-funding

Project BRAVE launched today to target crime in north B.R.

More than a dozen law enforcement and elected officials, criminologists and religious leaders unveiled a new crime-fighting initiative today that will target the highest-crime area in Baton Rouge—the 70805 ZIP code in the northern part of the city—which has just 13.5% of the city's population but accounts for 30% of its homicides and 40% of its gun assaults. The initiative, called Project BRAVE, is an Operation Ceasefire¬–style program that zeroes in on a small number of chronic offenders—those whom EBR Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III calls "the baddest of the bad." It "lets them know there is a new game in town," Moore says. Last week, the Metro Council approved $150,000 to get the program started. But to be fully operational Project BRAVE will require a $1.5 million federal grant that will provide up to $500,000 a year for the next three years to pay for research and data that will help program leaders know where best to concentrate their efforts. Moore's office submitted the grant application this week and should know by late September if the funding comes through. "But we will move forward without it," he says. "The biggest difference [without it] is that we won't have the money for the statistical component, but we will look for outside sources of funding."

http://www.businessreport.com/section/daily-reportPM

This just means more police are needed everywhere now and no area of town can be taken for granted. :ermm:

Why not take it a step further and declare martial law? :rolleyes:

G-lane!

But seriously, I've seen both of these before and most of the ones you mentioned.

I know I'm probably the only supporter for Boosie on this website, but I hope he's found innocent on the remaining charges. I grew up listening to him.

What exaclty do you find appealing about the guy? While I am endeared to most cases of injustice this just isn't an example of one. The guy is a nuissance and best left where he currently is.

What exaclty do you find appealing about the guy? While I am endeared to most cases of injustice this just isn't an example of one. The guy is a nuissance and best left where he currently is.

I grew up listening to him. I relate to alot of his music, as do alot of young people in Baton Rouge.

Is he a nuissance because he makes music you don't like or has he done something to you? I find it disturbing that you are so quick to take someones life when you don't know the circmstances.

I grew up listening to him. I relate to alot of his music, as do alot of young people in Baton Rouge.

Is he a nuissance because he makes music you don't like or has he done something to you? I find it disturbing that you are so quick to take someones life when you don't know the circmstances.

I am against capital punishment...I never said anything about killing the poor beotch. In my opinion, if you are violent against other members of society you need to have your ass locked up.

As for his music that's another topic altogether. There is a reason I lost interest in mainstream hip hop around 1997 (with the exception of Nas' newest releases). Booise and others set the example for the youth and it is not a positive one. That's why you will continue to see videos like the G-Lane one above. Hip hop doesn't necessarily have to be part of the "No Fun Club" to maintain a positive message (look at the late 80s-early to mid-90s). Find any video from this era on Youtube and scour the comments and you will see that I am not the only one who feels this way. The message is clear...what the hell happened and where did we go wrong?

I am against capital punishment...I never said anything about killing the poor beotch. In my opinion, if you are violent against other members of society you need to have your ass locked up.

As for his music that's another topic altogether. There is a reason I lost interest in mainstream hip hop around 1997 (with the exception of Nas' newest releases). Booise and others set the example for the youth and it is not a positive one. That's why you will continue to see videos like the G-Lane one above. Hip hop doesn't necessarily have to be part of the "No Fun Club" to maintain a positive message (look at the late 80s-early to mid-90s). Find any video from this era on Youtube and scour the comments and you will see that I am not the only one who feels this way. The message is clear...what the hell happened and where did we go wrong?

Blaming music? Funny how history repeats itself... (Jazz, Rock, Rap)

You will continue to see videos like that because of parenting, not music.

History happened.

Nothing is wrong with rap music, all it is the life in the hood written on paper and spoken over music. What's bad about telling a story?

Blaming music? Funny how history repeats itself... (Jazz, Rock, Rap)

You will continue to see videos like that because of parenting, not music.

History happened.

Nothing is wrong with rap music, all it is the life in the hood written on paper and spoken over music. What's bad about telling a story?

I am not blaming rap...I listen to a lot of it. I don't call any of this hipster bullcrap that is marketed to young people "rap." The creativity, energy, rhyme, and flow is gone replaced by Auto-Tune, nonsensical made up words, and clever marketing. Don't try to paint me as some Tipper Gore rally-against the "devil's music" chump. Look to that casual racist "itsjustme2" for those kinds of arguments. You can have the greatest parents in the world but when you're 15 you want to be Lil B not your dad. Yes, parenting is one piece to the puzzle but emulation is another. I'd rather my kids look up to Chuck D, KRS-One, or Immortal Technique than Wacka Flocka Flame, Wiz Khalifa, or any other of these current flash-in-the pan "rappers." Fortunately, the underground is keeping the art of emceeing alive. I remember people in the past attempting to convince me that Nelly was "the crap" and then Chingy, J-Kwon, and the list keeps adding up. Where are they now and how cool does it sound in 2012?

If he turns out to be found guilty, would you still want him free?

You mentioned earlier that you hope he is aquitted...is liking his work the justification behind that or do you think he is actually innocent?

I am not blaming rap...I listen to a lot of it. I don't call any of this hipster bullcrap that is marketed to young people "rap." The creativity, energy, rhyme, and flow is gone replaced by Auto-Tune, nonsensical made up words, and clever marketing. Don't try to paint me as some Tipper Gore rally-against the "devil's music" chump. Look to that casual racist "itsjustme2" for those kinds of arguments. You can have the greatest parents in the world but when you're 15 you want to be Lil B not your dad. Yes, parenting is one piece to the puzzle but emulation is another. I'd rather my kids look up to Chuck D, KRS-One, or Immortal Technique than Wacka Flocka Flame, Wiz Khalifa, or any other of these current flash-in-the pan "rappers." Fortunately, the underground is keeping the art of emceeing alive. I remember people in the past attempting to convince me that Nelly was "the crap" and then Chingy, J-Kwon, and the list keeps adding up. Where are they now and how cool does it sound in 2012?

Oh ok.

I agree with you on most points. Although there is plenty of good hip-hop still out there. Lets not take the thread too far off course.

If he turns out to be found guilty, would you still want him free?

You mentioned earlier that you hope he is aquitted...is liking his work the justification behind that or do you think he is actually innocent?

I want him free because of the music he made and the music he can make. Also, for his family and everyone else, but that goes for any person. I'm pretty sure he did it, but I'm even more sure that they don't have the evidence they need for multiple murder convictions.

I want him free because of the music he made and the music he can make. Also, for his family and everyone else, but that goes for any person. I'm pretty sure he did it, but I'm even more sure that they don't have the evidence they need for multiple murder convictions.

So, it's okay to be above the law because you like his lyrics?

You honestly don't see a problem with that?

I'm only bringing this up because your train of thought seems to be shared by many.

So, it's okay to be above the law because you like his lyrics?

You honestly don't see a problem with that?

I'm only bringing this up because your train of thought seems to be shared by many.

No not at all, I'm just being honest. Deep down I can't say I want him to stay in Angola. The law is the law and I respect it.

It is shared by most people in my age group I'd say.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone read "dismembered" or "He's been watching you"? They are about Sean Gillis and Derek Todd Lee.

Neither are well written, but they are incredibly creepy.

What does it say about an area that produced those two sociopaths? And all of this while the DC sniper, a Lee High graduate, was doing his thing in Washington.

Archived