Grand Rapids named one of Americas Gayest Cities

MJLO

http://news.advocate.com/post/15571734525/gayest-cities-in-america-2012?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150582775417518_21996907_10150582855262518&ref=notif&notif_t=open_graph_comment#f3ca7b0f18

So as with all these things this "study" is totally subjective. The criteria is at times out right funny. But it was cool to see this subject and GR be mentioned in a positive light. I do think it speaks to the changing times and how far Grand Rapids has come. As one of the gays living in here, this really isn't telling me anything new. I've long thought GR was far more friendly to the gays than it gets credit for. Close proximity to Saugatuck can't hurt. I'm sure there are those who disagree. I just wondered what you all thought. :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://news.advocate...ment#f3ca7b0f18

So as with all these things this "study" is totally subjective. The criteria is at times out right funny. But it was cool to see this subject and GR be mentioned in a positive light. I do think it speaks to the changing times and how far Grand Rapids has come. As one of the gays living in here, this really isn't telling me anything new. I've long thought GR was far more friendly to the gays than it gets credit for. Close proximity to Saugatuck can't hurt. I'm sure there are those who disagree. I just wondered what you all thought. :)

nice. quite a contrast from being one of the most heavily populated cities by christers :)

WIN.

That's a funny article. Wow, I had no idea that a Veronicas concert was as important to the gay community as an anti-discrimination ordinance. They're the same in point value, after all.

On the other hand, am I to assume a Scissor Sisters concert is indicative of a conservative town? :)

Archived