Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itsjustme3

Intersection of Burbank and Siegen

7 posts in this topic

Last month I drove by this area and saw several trucks hauling away timber. Also saw a lot of drainage tubes. Looks as though a new neighborhood is underway. Anyone have any info? I looked on Google Earth and the cleared land goes back to the east for about a mile from Siegen/Burbank.

That's at the corner of Burbank and Bluebonnet. Where I'm talking about is on Siegen right before it starts to make it's curve to Burbank.

Don't have access to a image uploader on my phone but I can help narrow down the area. Imagine going south on Siegen. The area is past Highland Rd on the right and just before the curve to Burbank.

On Google Earth they have a large triangle path that's roughly 170 acres. I always assumed that large wooded area inbetween Burbank and Manchac Rd was off limits wetlands. Guess not

That google link isn't as new as Google Earths images. In GE you can see them hauling timber out.

Plus, your link took me to the intersection of Highland/Burbank (or that's where google sent me when I clicked the link) and the area I'm talking about is 1-200 yards south of it.

Mystery solved (I think). Apparently Buccaner Ave is being extended all the way to Burbank/Siegen. No idea who the developer is but homes (based in that area) will be pricey no doubt.