Its Just Dave (Dave Luna) Passed Away

smeagolsfree

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, it has been a year since your passing, and you are sorely missed. I regret you never got to see my new place. You would have loved the panoramic overlook from the 5th floor outside terrace. If they were to rename the street below, I would call it Dave Luna Place.

I would have loved to hear your assessment of the current projects. BTW, They are keeping the smokestack on Rolling Mill Hill. I remember when we climbed in it. We were going to climb the ladder inside up to the top, but we determined it was too rusty! I remember William would not come inside with us because he did not want to get his new hip urban shoes dirty!!!! Ron was busy snapping pictures. He would not climb inside either.

I remember your amazing garden at your house. I remember when you and I drove  all around Riverside Drive area one bright sunny Saturday afternoon. I remember the coffee at Sip.

I remember the drives in your VW convertible. Those were good times.

I always considered you a sort of older brother that told me endless stories of Nashville like the time you and a woman went to the top of the Hyatt Hotel before the revolving restaurant was finished! You sat at the top with your feet dangling off the side 28 stories, 300 feet up!

Thats all I have for now. Rest well my friend,

John

• 4 weeks later...

Archived