Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerbeer

Goodwin Breaks Ground On CT River Academy in East Hartford

7 posts in this topic

They are adding a 100,000+ square foot high school to their grounds. I can't find an illustration. But at one time the plan was a marine science/river oriented magnet school with docks on the river, etc.

I'm really impressed with what Goodwin has done. They are filling a pretty vital niche and the growth in recent years has been phenomenal. CREC is also doing great work and improving public education in the area by partnering with institutions of higher education.

CREC is an economic powerhouse. They are taking over 1101 Kennedy road Windsor too. They just opened their 2nd school in the Colt property too.

Goodwin will be transformative over the next decade.

I Like it, it fits in with their campus building.

http://www.ehworks.com/newsletter.php

The Goodwin College expansion continues with the CT River Academy Magnet High School, which just this month received Planning & Zoning approvals. This 480-student, environmental studies high school is to be constructed at 1-5 Riverside Drive, and will serve grades 9-12. Construction on this 103,000 sq. ft., 4-storey school is expected to start by October 2011 and should be completed by the summer of 2013.

click the link for photos. there is also info about the early child educations school they want to build on campus.

and the academy of advanced design and technology. another huge school for 400 pupils and 80,000 SF. I can only imagine that these buildings will also help Goodwin expand education programs and grow as a school!

Edited by The Voice of Reason

I Like it, it fits in with their campus building.

http://www.ehworks.com/newsletter.php

The Goodwin College expansion continues with the CT River Academy Magnet High School, which just this month received Planning & Zoning approvals. This 480-student, environmental studies high school is to be constructed at 1-5 Riverside Drive, and will serve grades 9-12. Construction on this 103,000 sq. ft., 4-storey school is expected to start by October 2011 and should be completed by the summer of 2013.

click the link for photos. there is also info about the early child educations school they want to build on campus.

and the academy of advanced design and technology. another huge school for 400 pupils and 80,000 SF. I can only imagine that these buildings will also help Goodwin expand education programs and grow as a school!

I like it a whole lot. They really are making great use of that area which until they got there was pretty depressed and run down looking. They are definitely becoming one of the best things to happen to East Hartford in a long time.

yeah Its impressive. but I guess schools dont pay taxes, so It will take a while before EHartford really benefits from from the peripheral economic activity

they were half way through tearing down the old industrial buildings on Saturday AM when I drove by.

honestly, just removing those blighted properties is a huge improvement.