Goodwin Breaks Ground On CT River Academy in East Hartford

beerbeer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really impressed with what Goodwin has done. They are filling a pretty vital niche and the growth in recent years has been phenomenal. CREC is also doing great work and improving public education in the area by partnering with institutions of higher education.

• 2 weeks later...

I Like it, it fits in with their campus building.

http://www.ehworks.com/newsletter.php

The Goodwin College expansion continues with the CT River Academy Magnet High School, which just this month received Planning & Zoning approvals. This 480-student, environmental studies high school is to be constructed at 1-5 Riverside Drive, and will serve grades 9-12. Construction on this 103,000 sq. ft., 4-storey school is expected to start by October 2011 and should be completed by the summer of 2013.

click the link for photos. there is also info about the early child educations school they want to build on campus.

and the academy of advanced design and technology. another huge school for 400 pupils and 80,000 SF. I can only imagine that these buildings will also help Goodwin expand education programs and grow as a school!

I Like it, it fits in with their campus building.

http://www.ehworks.com/newsletter.php

The Goodwin College expansion continues with the CT River Academy Magnet High School, which just this month received Planning & Zoning approvals. This 480-student, environmental studies high school is to be constructed at 1-5 Riverside Drive, and will serve grades 9-12. Construction on this 103,000 sq. ft., 4-storey school is expected to start by October 2011 and should be completed by the summer of 2013.

click the link for photos. there is also info about the early child educations school they want to build on campus.

and the academy of advanced design and technology. another huge school for 400 pupils and 80,000 SF. I can only imagine that these buildings will also help Goodwin expand education programs and grow as a school!

I like it a whole lot. They really are making great use of that area which until they got there was pretty depressed and run down looking. They are definitely becoming one of the best things to happen to East Hartford in a long time.

Archived