Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HartfordTycoon

36 Lewis St.

6 posts in this topic

This is encouraging. It will be interesting to see what the final redevelopment plan is for this property. I've looked at this property many times wondering what the best use for it would be. Apartments would be nice or a two story restaurant could also be pretty awesome here.

http://www.courant.com/business/real-estate/hc-36-lewis-street-sale-20120112,0,141455.story

67328501.jpg

I know bars and resraurants are everywhere but I would love a south end style (carbones, francescos etc) Italian Restaurant in there. Its right around the corner from Salute and Vittos.... maybe a push to move "little Italy" back downtown.

yeah this is pretty cool. I like that there are two small projects happening right now!

and this puppy is 10,000 SF. its pretty big, it could be carbones on the ground floor and apartments upstairs... like 5 apartments.

Not sure if you guys saw this or not, but this has hit the papers with the details.

http://articles.courant.com/2012-11-21/business/hc-36-lewis-street-apartments-20121119_1_dance-club-apartments-modest-plans

The plan is to remove the 1 story addition that kind of looks like it was a garage.

they are also replacing the front porch.

The result will be 6 townhomes.

The partnership that bought the historic, former home hopes to convert it into six townhouse-style apartments – three, one-bedroom and three, two-bedroom. according to William Crosskey, of Crosskey Architects, the Hartford architects hired for the project.

I love this project because it is of some kind of realistic scale and is greater proof that Hartford is the place to live!

I would love to get one of the 2 bedrooms!

So close to the park, So close to everything!