Hillsboro & Acklen - coming down to go up...

dmillsphoto

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my only question about that is the flour. that implies that they go to get special flour from knoxville, this makes me think of white lilly, but white lilly is no longer make there. in fact I think they turned it into lofts

They actually have a mountaintop wheat field in Gatlinburg...and they harvest the wheat and then make the flour by hand in their shop, maybe?  :dontknow:

Anyway....it seems these new tenants in HV look to be mostly in line with the current "feel" of the area.  Will be nice to see the end result.

Pancake Pantry started in Gatlinburg. The Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village is the only other location. The owners of the HV location pick up the pancake mix (not just flour- the mix) from the Gatlinburg location. The HV owners do not know the recipe- it is a proprietary secret.

Pancake Pantry started in Gatlinburg. The Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village is the only other location. The owners of the HV location pick up the pancake mix (not just flour- the mix) from the Gatlinburg location. The HV owners do not know the recipe- it is a proprietary secret.

So...other than paying Gburg for the mix...HV doesn't pay the Gburg original owner any fees?  Very charitable.

Archived