Nashville City Center Garage expansion

smeagolsfree

I forgot to post this the other day. Nashvillebound had a picture of core drilling equipment on site at the parking lot next to NCC. We still have no reason to think that this is anything but a garage but it would be nice if they had more office space on top. We do not know how large the garage will be or even if it is above or below ground.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed Richard Fletcher of the 511group.com a few years ago. He still wanted to get NCC2 done. I don't know if it would be the 40 story 596 foot version or not. If you go to the website you will see it has not been updated in a while. NCC2 is not the only office building Richard Fletcher developed, but it has been 15-20 years since he developed a new building. However, he leases space in dozens of buildings around the city.

I suspect this is just a parking garage and the Tennessean reported a coupe of years ago it would be a five story structure above ground.

I don't see a tower looking like the first. That building opened in 1988-1989 and the footprint is too small for today's electrical requirements. That shape is a bit antiquated. The concrete has aged and I don't think a new "twin" would look vary good at this point. If they built the 40 story twin, we could almost count out any significant office tower being built at West End Summit, The Gulch, or Sobro for a long time. 40 stories is close to 750,000 square feet to fill. I would suspect it would effect 505CST as well.

We shall wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived