Cities Without Rail Transit Systems

Urbanrailfan

• 2 months later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have, and I never will again.

Though if the MBTA continues its trend towards replacing trains with cramped, slow, more expensive, less-frequent buses then I might be tempted to leave Boston for greener pastures.

Hartford currently doesn't have any light rail, but we are getting a commuter line going starting in 2010, it'll span from New Haven, through Hartford and up to Springfield Mass.....

I grew up in the Hartford area and so never used public transportation (which is bus service...as of right now). When I traveled to other cities I would sometimes use public transportation. The Hartford area is very car dominated and I am all for urban living but cant lie, I thought I would have a huge time adjusting to life in NY without a car.

I am now a student at Manhattan College in the riverdale section of the bronx. I cant have my car on campus, but the subway station is right outside my school and now for $2.00 I can get anywhere and am loving public transportation

Archived