Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cadi40
      I couldn't find a thread for the River District so I made one. I happen to be really excited about the River District, Most U.S. Major cities are on a river. Charlotte is near a river but not on it and I think River District will fill that hole, Most cities that have a river have lots of shopping and dining options along the river. 
    • By Scribe
      Since we have a Charlotte Greenways thread, I figured we should dedicate a thread to parks in general.
      So, in 2nd Ward topic @kermit brought up the ParkScore by the Trust for Public Land:
      I initially replied there, but this subject should be discussed in depth - and I could not find a thread that was dedicated to Parks overall (not just greenways). In my reply I compare it to Seattle -
      The CharMeck Parks and Recreation website has details on all existing parks:
    • By Neo
      Old Charlotte Observer Site
      300 South Tryon
      500 East Morehead
      WCNC Uptown Camera
      WBTV Charlotte Tower Cam:
      Mecklenburg County Air Quality cam:

Fountains at New Bern Station

Gateway West Apartments
      Charlotte Knights:
      Downtown [Weatherbug]
      1616 Camden
      300 South Tryon
      Capital Towers
      Langtree at the Lake
      Silos at South End
      Circle at Piedmont

1225 S Church (Phase 2)

330 W Tremont

Lowes Motor Speedway:
      Carowinds [Fury 325]

Charlotte-Douglas International Airport

Lowes Motor Speedway:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte:

UNCC Football Stadium

Downtown from East:

Romare Bearden Park:

Whole Foods

Aloft Ballantyne:

Garrison at Graham:

101 Tremont:

Charlotte Observer/Wachovia Arts Complex:

210 Trade/Epicenter:

Royal Court:

1225 S. Church (apartments):

Ballantyne Everett:
    • By uptownliving
      Haven't seen any news articles on this yet but ZipCar will be expanding into Uptown/Southend this summer. The city is providing 6 on-street locations and Zipcar will be providing 6 off-street locations. This is a 2 year pilot after which the city will decide to make it permanent or not.
      Some sample Zipcar locations will be:
      -Romere Bearden Park
      -UNCC/First Ward Park
      -New Bern Station
      Charlotte has been really late to the game in getting a car sharing service but glad it is finally arriving. This will give those of us that live downtown and don't own a car another transportation option for those longer in-city trips where transit takes too long or isn't available.
      I think the city should also partner with Car2Go. I have used this service in DC before and it's a nice alternative to uber/lyft if you don't mind driving you can park wherever you want as long as it its a legal parking spot.

• By masuhada
      River West -- Old Millstone Golf Course on 123 west of Greenville near the Saluda River.