Center City Development Maps

kermit

Does anyone have any info on 145 Summit Ave? It's where Mayesh flowers used to be. I see it in the Charlotte development map, but did a search on UP for that address and came up with nothing. The Accela info isn't very informative, but it is already under construction. I just wonder what this office space is going to look like. Any retail?

Does anyone have any info on 145 Summit Ave? It's where Mayesh flowers used to be. I see it in the Charlotte development map, but did a search on UP for that address and came up with nothing. The Accela info isn't very informative, but it is already under construction. I just wonder what this office space is going to look like. Any retail?

I believe that is the space Luna's is basically using as a storage locker.

I believe that is the space Luna's is basically using as a storage locker.

He's referring to the space on the other side of Summit. This will be the new Ferguson showroom. I think it was RDF who knew something about it and said the treatment was fairly urban, though it is single use. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My gosh with with the color changes.  Every time I go in someone has changed the colors...

I added the plans for the awkward city parcel by Grandview:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2015/05/charlotte-real-estate-firm-agrees-to-buy-uptown.html

I removed the CFD HQ project now open:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/charlotte-fire-department-opens-new-headquarters-n/nkrmG/

• 5 weeks later...

I've added on the "long term plan" layer some known assembled property in SouthEnd and marked it as residential, because well... What else would it be really?

EDIT: iv'e reconsidered and called it "assembled property"

Edited by archiham04

I've added on the "long term plan" layer some known assembled property in SouthEnd and marked it as residential, because well... What else would it be really?

You can probably add this plot on Tremont. I heard there is something going on and aerial photography of these warehouses showed up on Clear Sky Images today, so I think the land is going up for sale. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zVkgech8oPvQ.kAkwm8EIn_7Y

post-17104-0-20802600-1433796282_thumb.p

You could also add in the Uptown Cabaret land. 

Edited by Guest

The first post in the thread will be the best estimate of start date I have for this map. Dubone and others did create some earlier generation maps 'back in the day' so they should really get credit for the concept.

• Like 1

The first post in the thread will be the best estimate of start date I have for this map. Dubone and others did create some earlier generation maps 'back in the day' so they should really get credit for the concept.

How should I have credit be given in the article? Should I say some local development fanatics? Urban planet contributors?

I thought you guys might appreciate this. I went to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center on a recent trip to China and found this amazing 3D model of Shanghai that was the size of a basketball court. A lot of the new developments (planned buildings and those built within the past 10 years or so) are the ones that are lit up. The level of detail was pretty amazing and I even managed to find our small hotel near Jiao Tong University. What do you think RDF, if you start building one of uptown how long until we can put it on display?

IMG_20150512_153735816_HDR_zps6d5wvukl.j

IMG_20150512_153723637_HDR_zpspk8t3foj.j

IMG_20150512_153438379_zpsqukfcbnk.jpg[/uR

IMG_20150512_154113098_HDR_zpsr5r4fpls.j

Edited by tiblerbrit
  • Like 2

I thought you guys might appreciate this. I went to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center on a recent trip to China and found this amazing 3D model of Shanghai that was the size of a basketball court. A lot of the new developments (planned buildings and those built within the past 10 years or so) are the ones that are lit up. The level of detail was pretty amazing and I even managed to find our small hotel near Jiao Tong University. What do you think RDF, if you start building one of uptown how long until we can put it on display?

IMG_20150512_153735816_HDR_zps6d5wvukl.j

IMG_20150512_153723637_HDR_zpspk8t3foj.j

IMG_20150512_153438379_zpsqukfcbnk.jpg[/uR

[url=http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/thammond85/media/IMG_20150512_154113098_HDR_zpsr5r4fpls.jpg.html]IMG_20150512_154113098_HDR_zpsr5r4fpls.j

HOLY CRAP!!!! Thats amazing.

panorama-at-the-queens-museum02.jpg

There is an amazing, but mostly out of date, model of NYC in the Queens Museum in Corona Park. Its really freaking cool too. 

nyc-panorama.jpg

new-york-model1.jpg

The thing is about the size of the one in China.

Edited by Guest