Nashville Retail Thread.

it's just dave

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NCP article about green development

Attached is a link to an article about the financial setback to green development. The article also includes some information on that retail development on Division behind the Icon. There is an interesting comment about the use of permeable pavers actually being cheaper than ashalting the parking area.

NCP Bricks and Mortar

This article contains a number of interesting updates on projects around town, not the least of which is a reminder that BB&T bank is going in to use office space as well as ground-floor retail in the Terrazo. Other updates outside the gulch include the eatery at the Hutton Hotel property.

This is a good reminder that even though new buildings may not be breaking ground every day, there is still a lot of positive infill going on in Nashville to flesh out some of these new spaces.

Permit issued for Cantina Laredo restaurant in Icon.

Mexican restaurant starts work in Icon

The following permits were among those issued Monday and Tuesday by the Metro Codes Administration:

Restaurant. Value: $520,411. Robert S. Biscan & Co. took out a permit to finish space at 592 11th Ave. S. in the Icon in the Gulch condominium for Cantina Laredo restaurant.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20081217...NESS01/81217026

Here are some permits issued from the Tennessean. Nothing we didn't already know.

Retailer. Value: $1.1 million. Murray Costello Construction Inc. took out a permit to renovate 12,171 square feet in a building at 406 12th Ave. S. for Urban Outfitters.

Bank offices. Value: $401,452. Solomon Builders Inc. took out a permit to finish 7,480 square feet on the third floor of the Terrazzo building at 700 12th Ave. S. for BB&T.

• 5 weeks later...

Uh oh. Haven't heard this. Can't be good. Or will this affect the area?

Trendy 'Radius 10' closes in the Gulch

By Wendy Lee • THE TENNESSEAN • January 26, 2009

“Sadly the level of business since the economic downturn is not sufficient to sustain the operations over the long haul."

Radius 10 was considered one of the biggest draws to the Gulch, located near downtown Nashville.

I heard from a co-worker that Agave has also closed. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

Yes.. Agave is closed. Sometime in the past couple weeks, I think.

IMG_9269.jpg

I hadn't heard about Radius10 though! They were JUST open.. this weekend, i think. Like, literally the night that I took the above pic, they were still open... one of the last nights they were open, I guess... i think that was saturday?

Uh oh. Haven't heard this. Can't be good. Or will this affect the area?

Trendy 'Radius 10' closes in the Gulch

IMO, Radius 10 was a draw... but not as much as the mainstays of Sambuca, Ru San's, Watermark, the Station Inn, and 12th & Porter. Urban Outfitters, Cantina Laredo, and Urban Flats will only add to the main Gulch area.. and hopefully things will pop up nearby 12th & Porter.

I am sad to see Radius 10 leave, though... that little side street will surely now be lonely late at night.

I guess Urban Flats is now open? I have not seen it open yet.. but the downtown newsletter today makes it sound as if it is:

Urban Flats. 610 12th Avenue South. 254-0454. Refined casual restaurant and wine bar. Menu items include flats, flatwiches, salads, soups, and more. Hours are Mon Thurs 10:30 am - 11 pm, Fri Sat 10:30 am 1 am, and Sun 10:30 am 10 pm.

Urban Outfitters is opening March 26th.

Drove by yesterday - the future site of Urban Outfitters is taking shape inside. People are loading things in and constructing barriers, etc. I think this will bring in a substantial amount of activity... at least initially.

• 1 month later...

Urban Outfitters is now officially open.. they had a concert last night inside the store. It was sorta interesting. I wonder if they will hold concerts like that occasionally? If so.. I do hope they raise the stage a lil higher up :) I'm sure it will be nothing like City Hall was, however.

Anywayz..

It also looks like Cantina Laredo is coming along pretty well now.. I would guess it may be open by this summer sometime?

Nice funky art on the walls... i didnt really get the whole "garden" theme, though.. but hey, its cool.

I wonder if they change that every so often depending on the season or something?

I dont remember big art displays like that when I went to the STL store.

• 4 weeks later...

It could be that they're taking a cue from their newest concept...Terrain seen here. You know that they like to build a lifestyle brand...so it would make sense to have similar themes among newer stores.

Nice funky art on the walls... i didnt really get the whole "garden" theme, though.. but hey, its cool.

I wonder if they change that every so often depending on the season or something?

I dont remember big art displays like that when I went to the STL store.

Archived