Nashville Retail Thread.

it's just dave

Awesome!

'Green roof' retail center coming to Gulch

The site for the two-story center is at 1000 Division Street, currently a Citgo gas station.

recycled steel, concrete and asphalt materials from the existing site. In addition to the green roof, the NextGen building will have permeable concrete parking areas with adjacent rain gardens and engineered building systems for a low carbon footprint

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are quite a few of the retail/commercial units at the ICON that seem to be under construction.

More than I thought there would be.

Permits in the windows for.. 602 12th, 608 12th, 1112 Division, 1106 Division.. and also construction going on in the corner unit at 12th & Division (not sure what the address is of that one).

Not sure how many of these are connected together.. maybe some are being combined? Who knows? But there are 4 small/medium size units under construction.. along with the larger corner unit.

Unless i've missed something.. the only retail that we've heard about coming to ICON is.. Urban Flats Flatbread Co, Casablanca Coffee, and Cantina Laredo.

So what are the other 2?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. we've got signs up now @ ICON.. and the retail is not really where I thought it was going.

Cantina Laredo... is going to be HUGE, apparently. They are taking the largest retail suite, and it looks like they're taking the smaller one next to it too.. it will be at the corner of 11th & 12th. (Suite 1 & 2?)

Casablanca Coffee.. is a smaller suite, next to the ICON entrance.. Suite 3, I believe.

Urban Flats.. this is the one I took a pic of.. that looks like a bar inside... at the corner of 12th & Division. (Suite 6)

The other 4 that I mentioned before (Suite 4, 5, 7, 8).. that looked to have some activity going on... only have standard ICON & Leasing info signs on them.

But.. the one off by itself.. Suite 9.. by Citgo.. that's the only one I noticed that had regular ICON signs, but ALSO said "Retail Coming Soon". Does this mean anything?? Don't know.

I think this is the one you are refering to at the old Citco in the Gulch.

http://www.loopnet.com/property/15903402/1...ivision-Street/

This was anounced some time back and I dont know if the economy will allow it to happen.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listi...Nashville,%20TN

No.. I meant within the ICON itself, Suite 9 on the retail plan.. the corner next to Citgo, which will be right next to the NextGen property. Just the wording on the signs in the window of that suite made it sound like something might be coming into that suite as well.. but I dont really know?

Thanks for the links though.. I hadnt seen the rendering for the green retail building.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard that Yazoo Brewery is looking to move to the Gulch - they need more space and trying to find some in the Gulch area

Here is the blog post from Yazoo.. from a couple months back:

http://yazoobrew.blogspot.com/2008/09/is-yazoo-moving.html

More from the CityPaper:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=62502

Sounds like they are looking to expand, not move. Their current location at Marathon Village is practically in the north Gulch anyway.

If they do move to the Gulch.. to an existing building (as they said).. I could see a few options.. there are many buildings that seem to be vacant down near Division.. there's a couple vacant buildings across from Radius10... and also some down by 12th & Porter, such as where Judge Beans was.

• 3 weeks later...

Jo Johnston?! I guess it is much nicer over there since I last went to school in that area... I say, Target there, Ikea at PSC

Apparently, one of the Gulch developers (can't remember which one - it's on here somewhere) has bought up some of that property and it was rumored a while back that an urban Target may go there.. something about a movie theater, too.. and I think they've bought up (or plan to buy up) a good bit of property in the "Jo Johnston Corridor"... Maybe it was Crosland? Can't remember..

Ikea @ PSC would be okee doke with me too!!

I think the Hippodrome Nissan sight would be a perfect high-visibility spot for an urban Target. Downtown residents and tourists would have easy access and surrounding neighborhoods could come in by bus or car.....parking underneath and/or behind, of course.

Sorry, that would, of course, be the Hippodrome Nissan SITE.

Archived