Nashville Retail Thread.

it's just dave

on another note, I think that site could hold a urban big box store or two along with apartments and condos.  

Imagine the draw a Bass Pro shops would have there.  (I take any excuse to take something away from opry mills).  Also, Nashville is still in need of an Ikea.

so maybe an urban (multi level) target, and a Bass Pro, and an Ikea, plus a couple apartment towers.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who lives minutes from the NWM site, I would kill for any of the following: IKEA, Crate and Barrel, Whole Foods, Publix, Target...ect. Along with locally owned/sourced bars,restaurants, and retail.

If any of you have been to the IKEA/Target in Atlanta, I would love to have that style of building on the NWM site.

I generally agree with that, and for that reason I don't think it would be a good idea to erect, say, a twenty screen cinema megaplex downtown.  However, I do think it a smaller theater that included an IMAX and just a few other normal sized, but still state-of-the-art theaters could really be a boon for the area. 

Here in Chicago there are a few movie theaters that are equipped with full bars, a wait staff, full dine-in menus, and theaters with leather couches instead of the typical uncomfortable theater seats.  Perhaps something like that would do well in and around downtown Nashville?

That was proposed for the Streets of Brentwood, but the residents opposed it, so I'm not certain it would work downtown unless there were other commercial/retail businesses to support it. Downtown is lacking everyday retail, grocery stores, clothing, sporting goods etc. As others have mentioned before, a major draw like IKEA, urban Target, Whole Foods could work well along with new to Nashville stores that couldn't find space in Green Hills (another upscale department store, blend of local and national boutiques etc.).

Brentwood is quite the opposite of urban core Nashville, so I could see a movie theater such as the one that was proposed for Brentwood doing pretty well in central Nashville.  Especially the type with more or an "event" environment that is more similar to a bar/pub/restaurant/club than just another generic movie theater experience.  I'm not so sure about IMAX because that's already at Green Hills.  I miss Vic's Brew'n'View in Chicago!

Archived