Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

can you save me a kitten snuggles?

I'm hitting HT and Total Wine later today, so let me see if they have any.  They should, and if so, sure I'll save you one.

We were in Portland Maine last summer.  Went to at least 3 breweries (Oxbow, Rising Tide, Sebago) and they were all fine but nothing to go crazy over.  Had some other Maine canned stuff but again nothing stood out enough for a recommendation.  Save me a couple Heady if you can.

1 minute ago, grodney said:

I'm hitting HT and Total Wine later today, so let me see if they have any.  They should, and if so, sure I'll save you one.

We were in Portland Maine last summer.  Went to at least 3 breweries (Oxbow, Rising Tide, Sebago) and they were all fine but nothing to go crazy over.  Had some other Maine canned stuff but again nothing stood out enough for a recommendation.  Save me a couple Heady if you can.

I'm going to come down to Charlotte in July with as much Heady Topper as my wife will let me buy. I was already planning on saving some for you.

Edited by Guest

You won't get heady unless you road trip it into VT.  But if you are in Vermont, get everything you can from Hill Farmstead and find some Lawson's Sip of Sunshine (any of its versions).  

In Maine, look for ME only Allagash releases and Maine Brewing Co Lunch (which is a PITA to find even in ME).  Allagash releases some small batch sours for in state distribution and they are typically awesome. If you like export stouts, Cadillac Mountian Stout is a damn fine version. 

Edited by InSouthPark
Forgot ME

I second the Lawson's (anything really) although it can be hard to get.

If you could get over the Burlington, VT, where the action is, there are a lot of small places to try out. If you like Cider I love Citizens Cider. Great place with lots of ciders on tap.

Darn now you have me missing home... ;-)

13 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

You won't get heady unless you road trip it into VT.  But if you are in Vermont, get everything you can from Hill Farmstead and find some Lawson's Sip of Sunshine (any of its versions).  

In Maine, look for ME only Allagash releases and Maine Brewing Co Lunch (which is a PITA to find even in ME).  Allagash releases some small batch Spurs for in state distribution and they are typically awesome. If you like export stouts, Cadillac Mountian Stout is a damn fine version. 

I've actually found Lunch in a few places in Charlotte before, much to my surprise. Though, I would not hesitate to drink it at the Maine brewery either :) Dinner is another one to grab too though I don't think it gets the pub that Lunch does. Bissell Brothers in Portland, ME is worth checking out as well. 

17 minutes ago, HopHead said:

I've actually found Lunch in a few places in Charlotte before, much to my surprise. Though, I would not hesitate to drink it at the Maine brewery either :) Dinner is another one to grab too though I don't think it gets the pub that Lunch does. Bissell Brothers in Portland, ME is worth checking out as well. 

Oops I mixed them up. Dinner is actually the hard/impossible one to get and Lunch is the one that pops up from time to time here.  So grab some Dinner if you see it!

Edited by InSouthPark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elrodvt said:

I second the Lawson's (anything really) although it can be hard to get.

If you could get over the Burlington, VT, where the action is, there are a lot of small places to try out. If you like Cider I love Citizens Cider. Great place with lots of ciders on tap.

Darn now you have me missing home... ;-)

I am obsessed with Citizen Cider's Hopped ciders. So gooooood.

Also, you guys were right... Heady Topper is only available IN Vermont. which is not on the itinerary :-(

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I am obsessed with Citizen Cider's Hopped ciders. So gooooood.

Also, you guys were right... Heady Topper is only available IN Vermont. which is not on the itinerary :-(

Get Sip of Sunshine on your way through Connecticut.  It's freaking awesome and I have it ranked as my third favorite IPA of all time (behind Heady and Todd the Axe Man) and better than Pliny.  Available in 4 packs of 16oz cans.  My best friend just moved from Connecticut to Texas and I lost my Sunshine hookup ;-(

Went to flight last night, saw @Jayvee but decided to not bother him!  Haha.

Its a pretty cool place, it should do well.  Good beer selection, prices are decent.  No cover either.

BTW, Jayvee that band that was playing last night is a Charlotte group, Minutes and Years.  I know a couple of them and they are pretty talented guys.  Maybe the Agenda can do a focus piece on up and coming Charlotte bands!?!?  :ph34r:

https://m.facebook.com/reddymaderoux

Edited by ah59396

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Went to flight last night, saw @Jayvee but decided to not bother him!  Haha.

Its a pretty cool place, it should do well.  Good beer selection, prices are decent.  No cover either.

BTW, Jayvee that band that was playing last night is a Charlotte group, Minutes and Years.  I know a couple of them and they are pretty talented guys.  Maybe the Agenda can do a focus piece on up and coming Charlotte bands!?!?  :ph34r:

https://m.facebook.com/reddymaderoux

Hahahaha glad you like the place. I think it's exactly the kind of thing uptown Charlotte needs. They're still working on the acoustics because it's still too loud in there. They're gonna add curtains behind the stage that should help. 

Thats not a bad idea on the bands. I'll run it up to the powers that be, they were pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Hahahaha glad you like the place. I think it's exactly the kind of thing uptown Charlotte needs. They're still working on the acoustics because it's still too loud in there. They're gonna add curtains behind the stage that should help. 

Thats not a bad idea on the bands. I'll run it up to the powers that be, they were pretty good. 

You da real MVP.

Also I was cheering for the Raptors (RIP), which is why I didn't want to bother you.  You Cleveland lover.  Haha.

I love the NoDa Company Store. Brilliant use of a tricky lot. One of the best patio spaces I've seen. I just wish they sold coffee too. I know Smelly Cat is right there, but they both feel like the same patio space anyway.

Also...

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILL HOUSE!

13245506_10102249279807281_505999169817935852_n.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I love the NoDa Company Store. Brilliant use of a tricky lot. One of the best patio spaces I've seen. I just wish they sold coffee too. I know Smelly Cat is right there, but they both feel like the same patio space anyway.

It's definitely a good addition to NoDa. Free burgers on Sunday are a nice touch too.

NoDa did a surprise run of Ramble On Red cans....available in the taproom only...starting today.  (They have previously stated that it will (at some point) be a full-time can.....and I don't think this changes that.)  Meanwhile, Par 4 cans are making their way around town, having been released last Thursday.  As a reminder, Par 4 is a full-time can, joining the other 4 (HDR, CocoLoco, JamSess, and CAVU).

Birdsong is releasing Fake Plastic Trees (hoppy wheat) in cans today.

Did I mention Unknown is changing Pre-Game to 16oz cans?  Somewhat interesting, given all their "normal" cans have been 12oz.  The only 16oz I recall from them were the Garage Warrior and the Bound for Carolina.