Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

3 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Anyone know anything about lost worlds brewing in Cornelius 

According to a guy on my neighborhood Facebook, they're about to close on a lease and target opening December-January timeframe. (We all know how that goes.) Sounds like somewhere along West Catawba near the interstate

48 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

According to a guy on my neighborhood Facebook, they're about to close on a lease and target opening December-January timeframe. (We all know how that goes.) Sounds like somewhere along West Catawba near the interstate

Yup here 19700 ONE NORMAN BLVD. 

Edited by Jayvee

Only Brad Panovich of WCNC could tweet this out the list of breweries per NWS zones and of course since we are in Greenville Spartanburg zone as well as Asheville this is what the brewery landscape looks like.  
EA-Rwf1WkAA6jBg?format=jpg%26name=large&key=4f66b693e8dd54fd7938526e26b6d0a7a28664de442e4d5734ae47c2b52b158c

The one NJ is a head scratcher. I’ve thrown a lot of rocks in NJ, none have hit a brewery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Only Brad Panovich of WCNC could tweet this out the list of breweries per NWS zones and of course since we are in Greenville Spartanburg zone as well as Asheville this is what the brewery landscape looks like.  

How in the heck is the Atlanta metro smaller in scope than Charlotte/WNC/Upstate?  I would expect that to be bigger just based on population.  In Charleston, SC (yes b/c i have to differentiate it from WV......) one of the breweries I went to back in April has already closed, so I'd say that 37 is =/- 1.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The one NJ is a head scratcher. I’ve thrown a lot of rocks in NJ, none have hit a brewery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

320 in Philly metro and 3 in Jersey.   LOL.   I'm with you.  I grew up in PA and still have a lot of friends up there.  Can't say I ever heard one of them mention a NJ brewery.   

15 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

How in the heck is the Atlanta metro smaller in scope than Charlotte/WNC/Upstate?  I would expect that to be bigger just based on population.  In Charleston, SC (yes b/c i have to differentiate it from WV......) one of the breweries I went to back in April has already closed, so I'd say that 37 is =/- 1.

GA has had very unfriendly brewery laws for a  long time.  Not brewery friendly at all (its slowly changing in GA).   Those numbers don't surprise me at all. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

Asheville dude. 

15 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Anybody seen any Seattle beers in stores around here? I know Charlotte has a ton of great local beer and I enjoy drinking most of it, but every now and then I really just want a Rainier or something from a PNW craft brewery. I'm betting none of it gets shipped out here but has anyone seen any around?

Best bet in my mind is to check out Salud in NoDa. They bring in tons of beer from the West coast but if there's something in particular you're looking for talk to them about eventually ordering some

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Anybody seen any Seattle beers in stores around here? I know Charlotte has a ton of great local beer and I enjoy drinking most of it, but every now and then I really just want a Rainier or something from a PNW craft brewery. I'm betting none of it gets shipped out here but has anyone seen any around?

I miss Mac & Jack's african amber from my days out in the PNW.  I used to be able to find some Southern Oregon beers (Caldera) at Total Wine but that does not seem to be the case anymore from a quick search online. Deschutes is everywhere now too.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, kermit said:

NoDa Radio Haze: great

Radio Haze now year round!  And in cans!!!  Although recipe tweaked based on feedback. Releases Aug 23. Really interested to see retail price on 4-packs.

In other news, Middle James in Pineville "Grand Opening" is Aug 23 at 11am.  No word on any soft or unofficial opening before that. Honestly could be a disaster if they aren't open at all before that. I wish them luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, grodney said:

Beer private labels - Breweries can create private label brands for retailers, which can be labeled with the retailer's name and sold exclusively to the retailer.

This one is kind of cool.  Was that against the law in the past?  Would that open the door to local breweries creating unique products to be sold by local sports teams or something?

5 minutes ago, CTiger said:

This one is kind of cool.  Was that against the law in the past?  Would that open the door to local breweries creating unique products to be sold by local sports teams or something?

I think they already do that, which is confusing. Birdsong sells "All Knight Long" at BB&T ballpark, for example. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grodney said:

2 beers per person - Beer/wine can be sold 2 at a time per person, except at college stadiums/arenas or events sponsored by colleges.  Also, mixed drinks only 1 at a time.

I fear this may become a real PITA in  some situations (it’s already a pain at the ballpark)

but otherwise good news.