Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

How big is that space on Louise?  Original plans called for "The Embassy" as their first brewing location, followed by the massive boy.

"

Gilde’s first brick-and-mortar location will come soon after the initial introduction to Charlotte.

By the end of [2019], Gilde will open a microbrewery called “the Embassy.” It will be around 5,000 square feet, the size of many of Charlotte’s established craft breweries, and will have the capacity to brew a few thousand barrels of beer annually.

Uhlmann has the location for the Embassy narrowed down to about five sites, although he declined to say where they are. The microbrewery will employ up to 30 people, Uhlmann said, and will not do any bottling onsite. The brewing done onsite will be in small batches, he added.

Two to three years down the line is when Gilde plans to open its massive flagship brewery in Charlotte, Uhlmann said, although he declined to say which locations Gilde is eying for that facility.

It will employ up to 100 people and will have a spacious taproom, beer garden and full kitchen, Uhlmann said.

"

I wonder if they plan on purchasing the large building on the north side of the CSX tracks.  That building looks to be about 75k square feet based on a crude Google Maps estimate, but it looks as if there is sufficient room for expansion to 100k square feet.  

Also that building would allow them to build a rail siding and bring in grains and such via hopper car.  500,000 bbl/year is a lot of beer and I suspect the being able to use bulk rail freight as opposed to truck would be beneficial both from a logistical perspective and a cost perspective.

Edited by cltbwimob
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't updated my brewery list in a while.  Who has updates for me?  Any of these open yet?  Cancelled?  Other?  And is Fonta Flora still kicking at the food hall thingy?

Cavendish Social House
D9 Uptown Pavilion
Edge City
Traust Brewing Company
Legion at Trolley Barn Fermentory
Suffolk Punch - Noble Smoke
Protagonist Brewing
OMB - 2nd Location
Petty Thieves Brewing
Lost Worlds Brewing
Free Range - Camp North End
Legion at Salt + Vinegar
Legion at Legacy Union

2 hours ago, grodney said:

I haven't updated my brewery list in a while.  Who has updates for me?  Any of these open yet?  Cancelled?  Other?  And is Fonta Flora still kicking at the food hall thingy?

Cavendish Social House
D9 Uptown Pavilion
Edge City
Traust Brewing Company
Protagonist Brewing
OMB - 2nd Location
Petty Thieves Brewing
Lost Worlds Brewing
Legion at Salt + Vinegar
Legion at Legacy Union

Edge City is open (I am stopping by this week and will report back).

Fonta Flora is alive and well at Optimist. 

I saw some Free Range signage in some pictures at Camp North End last week but it’s not open yet. 

12 hours ago, grodney said:

Cavendish Social House
D9 Uptown Pavilion
Edge City
Traust Brewing Company
Protagonist Brewing
OMB - 2nd Location
Petty Thieves Brewing
Lost Worlds Brewing
Legion at Salt + Vinegar
Legion at Legacy Union

I'd be surprised if Cavendish Social House opens at all this year.

• Like 1

Traust is progressing but was slowed by covid. I met one of the investors the other day as I was passing by. Mentioned that the building next door will also be a brewery but didn't offer any details. That would make 2 breweries and a seltzery next to each other on Thrift Road

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, DCtransplant said:

Traust is progressing but was slowed by covid. I met one of the investors the other day as I was passing by. Mentioned that the building next door will also be a brewery but didn't offer any details. That would make 2 breweries and a seltzery next to each other on Thrift Road

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He might have been mistaken the seltzery for another brewery

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

I had never been to Amor Artis before last night...man they are making some great beers!  If you haven't been before, make sure to stop by.  Located on Main St Fort Mill. 

Agreed. They hit it out the park from the outset. And do everything well. I'm not a big sour guy but they make a fantastic peach sour. York County BA Stout is great too. 

47 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

I had never been to Amor Artis before last night...man they are making some great beers!  If you haven't been before, make sure to stop by.  Located on Main St Fort Mill. 

One of the best in the area.  They make one of the best french saisons I've ever had.

20 hours ago, CTiger said:

One of the best in the area.  They make one of the best french saisons I've ever had.

Their Frankies wine barrel aged saison was our favorite and grabbed a bottle to go (along with a sour and York County BBA stout).

Also they are also starting to distribute more to CLT as well.  I had one of their coffee lagers at the Lodge on Sunday (which is a great summer beer) and that prompted me to actually get down to the brewery.

Edited by InSouthPark

3 hours ago, grodney said:

My standard Dad Attire is cargo shorts and a Charlotte Beer t-shirt.  As such, my daughter took some of my wardrobe shirts and made them in Animal Crossing so I look more realistic.  If you want to download any of them, her Creator ID is MA-0926-2419-7740 .

I don't think you have that much hair...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jjwilli said:

Toucan Louie’s Gold District is now calling themselves Salty Parrot Brewing. Has the deal with Toucan Louie’s fallen apart already?? This place seems cursed if so.

Has anyone tried their beer? Debating if it’s worth a visit.

Beer is actually quite solid. Finding out about the rebrand now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jjwilli said:

Toucan Louie’s Gold District is now calling themselves Salty Parrot Brewing. Has the deal with Toucan Louie’s fallen apart already?? This place seems cursed if so.

Has anyone tried their beer? Debating if it’s worth a visit.

Is it that the place is cursed, or the owners are suspect? Remember some very strange posts with a bunch of drama around the time of the initial opening. 

On 7/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, grodney said:

My standard Dad Attire is cargo shorts and a Charlotte Beer t-shirt.  As such, my daughter took some of my wardrobe shirts and made them in Animal Crossing so I look more realistic.  If you want to download any of them, her Creator ID is MA-0926-2419-7740 .

I added an accessory this morning

117833784_10108760543432625_4862412339005318228_o.jpg

• Like 1