ah59396

Drinking Beer in Charlotte

16 hours ago, NeverSummer said:

What a grandiose way of saying our overpriced homebrew kicked before we thought it would. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a proper brewery yet, right? 

They have their system installed, don't have the taproom done yet.  You can see the tanks on their FB/insta pictures.  It's not a large system, 3bbl I think.

First time I have run into Gilde in the wild. This was the East blvd Teeter.  This feels really expensive to me for an old school German Pils (and certainly expensive relative to prices in Germany) but I guess its cheaper than a 4 pack of Copper?

As an aside, the local beer selection feels much thinner in this Teeter these days. Other than the usual Sycamore stuff the range of local beers seems narrower than in the past.

As a second aside, I did see some Resident Culture IPA (I forget which) cans in the uptown Whole Foods recently (for $18!)

F42ECED2-20C2-4FF5-A488-C420751AD4F4.jpeg

Edited by kermit

On 11/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, kermit said:

As a second aside, I did see some Resident Culture IPA (I forget which) cans in the uptown Whole Foods recently (for $18!)

Yes that is their normal price for a 4 pack of Hazy IPA's.  The Southpark Whole Foods has 4 different ones.  I have zero issue paying that (just did 30 minutes ago) because they have proven they are making the best hazys in the immediate region, and on par with Burial.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally got to try Gilde.  I found it at Noda Market and Deli of all places.  I actually thought it was pretty good and was happy with the purchase.  It isn't going to blow you away by any means but its a solid Pilsener and I think 9-10 bucks for a four pack of cans is about right.  

On 11/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, kermit said:

First time I have run into Gilde in the wild. This was the East blvd Teeter.  This feels really expensive to me for an old school German Pils (and certainly expensive relative to prices in Germany) but I guess its cheaper than a 4 pack of Copper?

As an aside, the local beer selection feels much thinner in this Teeter these days. Other than the usual Sycamore stuff the range of local beers seems narrower than in the past.

F42ECED2-20C2-4FF5-A488-C420751AD4F4.jpeg

Agree, that is expensive for a mass produced pilsener, though the draft I had at Waldheim was tasty. Maybe it will become cheaper once their production facilities open in the area.

Not strictly beer related, but JJ's is offering a "Sausagefest Grill Pack" in lieu of having their annual Sausagefest.  You get 4 varieties of sausages (2 each) and beans for $30 to take home and make for yourself.  The beer part is that they also offer a 4-pack of your choice for $12.....and they let me pick any 4 beers.......and they had about 40 laid out to choose from.  So that was nice to build my own 4-pack at $3/can....not bad.