Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

• 1 month later...

For any of you Hop Drop n Roll fans, NoDa Brewing now finally has it in growlers. I grabbed a couple of them over the weekend (one is already gone). Probably my favorite beer at this brewery. They have to use a special citrus hop from California to make it, so I'd imagine the growler stash will only last so long.

On another note, has anyone been to any of the beer tastings at Good Bottle Co. yet? Is it any good? I see that Big Boss will be there next Thursday (29th). Thinking about maybe checking that out.

• 2 months later...

Four Friends with BIG BIG News this weekend, plus, it sounds like they're re-opening their tap room??  They have a couple posts about it on their Facebook page too.  I assume it's good news.  I hope so.  Honestly I gave them the least chance of surviving.  http://www.charlottebeer.com/event/four-friends-big-news/

Also, a new brewery "coming soon" near Lancaster SC:

http://boxcarbrewsc.com/

Edit:  Just got an e-mail back from the Box Car guy:  "It's true. I'm starting a small brewery on my farm. It's almost legal and I will be brewing part time and will offer sales of growler on the weekends, hours notified on Facebook. I will eventually have a sampling area, but there is always beer in the fridge. "

Edited by grodney

• 2 weeks later...

Four Friends' BIG BIG news came and went with no updates to their Facebook page.  I even posted a question there, with no reply.

So I posted a question on Charlotte Beer's Facebook page.  He immediately wrote back and said the BIG BIG news was:  "in short they're rolling out a membership club and expanding the taproom".

Now looking at the 4 Friends Twitter feed, I see sometime last week they announced "the new tasting room is scheduled to open Saint Patty's Day".

That's not huge news.  But I wish them well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see the city is trying to prevent breweries from being 300 feet of any residential structure guess this screws any future endeavors of NoDa housing breweries. This is exactly what I hate about local government interference. Most cities that respect their brewery scene do not make more laws to push the breweries out. This does NOT bode well for the cities efforts to increase its tourism as a beer "friendly" city. I like being able to fill my growler up without having to go out of my way into an industrial park. Furthermore, why are the beers forced to be made in an industrial park, we ingest this stuff!! Hopefully this will not pass, we need more good local beer and this isn't rules that are established to help a local business scene. I am very sad and angry.

It was linked through the CBJ

The disgusting part about all of this is the guy trying to get his brewery open in southend (that kinda spawned this whole debate) is:

A. Awesome

B. makes really good beer

C. (Maybe most importantly). Has enough capital to immediately distribute STATE wide...and intends to. Something no other brewery in Charlotte can do.

But I guess leave it to the city to get in the way of something going well and look "anti-brewery". Great job idiots.

The disgusting part about all of this is the guy trying to get his brewery open in southend (that kinda spawned this whole debate) is:

A. Awesome

B. makes really good beer

C. (Maybe most importantly). Has enough capital to immediately distribute STATE wide...and intends to. Something no other brewery in Charlotte can do.

But I guess leave it to the city to get in the way of something going well and look "anti-brewery". Great job idiots.

Agreed. This really irritates me. To me, this is so anti-business, anti-urban, anti-everything this city should not be. 

For any of you that know Daniel (aka "Charlotte Beer" to us local craft brew enthusiasts), he has a slightly different, less negative tone on the whole rezoning process posted on his FB page. I assume most if not all of you are on facebook so I won't post his whole post here. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/cltbeer

The twitter machine is reporting that Queen City Q currently has:

6 Birdsong

5 NoDa

4 OMB

2 FourFriends

on tap.

WOW.  But where's the Triple C?!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think somebody from Sauceman's is good friends with somebody from Triple C.  I hope there's not a beer/bbq boycott going on.  I think we can all get along in Charlotte.

Edited by grodney

The twitter machine is reporting that Queen City Q currently has:

6 Birdsong

5 NoDa

4 OMB

2 FourFriends

on tap.

WOW.  But where's the Triple C?!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think somebody from Sauceman's is good friends with somebody from Triple C.  I hope there's not a beer/bbq boycott going on.  I think we can all get along in Charlotte.

The better question is why am I not at Queen City Q right now when they have all that tasty beer on tap??? 

I actually had Triple C's Cajun Stout over the weekend. It was surprisingly good! Never thought a Stout with a kick would be that good.

Edited by wend28