Pages not completely loading

The past few months I've been having problems with pages not completely loading, (only the visual header loads, or only the first post of a thread) requiring full cache-clearing reloads multiple times to get a page anywhere on the site to load. I just tried disabling plugins and javascript and the pages now load fully and incredibly fast, as well.

Using Opera 11.61 on Windows Vista.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past few months I've been having problems with pages not completely loading, (only the visual header loads, or only the first post of a thread) requiring full cache-clearing reloads multiple times to get a page anywhere on the site to load. I just tried disabling plugins and javascript and the pages now load fully and incredibly fast, as well.

Using Opera 11.61 on Windows Vista.

Is it possible for you to try another browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox or IE) and reply back if you continue to have the issue. I'm unable to replicate the issue. It could be caused by a plug-in you have installed in Opera. This site doesn't require any plug-ins to function, but we do use a fair amount of javascript just like most sites on the Internet. Obviously without javascript the site is going to load very fast. Also, javascript is client-side thus the faster your computer, the faster javascript will process.

• 1 month later...

I have been having a very similar problem, but on my phone. I have an Android running version 2.3.6 and quite often I experience pages that perpetually load without ever finishing. Occasionally tapping the back button and a reload solves this. It's not a huge inconvience just a bother.

I believe that this may be the result of an ad halting the loading of the page. We use multiple advertising agencies to spread things out a bit. Unfortunately since this site is 100% supported through ads they will be required for the foreseeable future. Identifying which ads are causing the bottleneck for page loads would be difficult at best. I'll look into this further but I'm not sure that I will be able to resolve this one.

For mobile devices we actually only use one ad network (Google) so I'm surprised that it is happening there...unless it isn't the ads that are causing it to begin with. :ermm:

Archived