Rush now has to face the wrath of Gloria Allred

Charlotteman

For Rush it was looking really really dire last week. Advertisers were pulling out like there was no tommorrow.

Of course almost everyone knows Rush (as usual) made a complete butt out of himself by attacking, onair, a college student, who he had the gall to call "a s**t". (slang for a morally questionable woman)

Reportedly Rush's broadcasts have been full of "dead air" i.e. commercial space they couldn't sell. Obviously an economic disaster to a radio station.

But now to make matters even worse for Rush, world famous attorney Gloria Allred is now going after him! She has contacted a Florida prosecutor and asked him to enforce an obscure Florida law, by fining Rush $1000 for defaming a woman's character.

That advertisers fiasco could end up looking like a temporary problem, once Gloria gets finished with Rush.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

much to my own chagrin, i used to point out how Rush had a talent for debate and how he could reduce arguments to their often unsavory truths. he has frittered away any shred of that respect; he's hateful and projects ugliness. he is not alone of course, but his hatefulness has degraded the public conversation. his contempt for fellow citizens sullies decorum and further polarizes our debates.

i do remain fascinated how an ugly, self-absorbed, hate monger is a hero to so many people. this speaks to how powerful the grip of consumerism is on our culture; democracy, elightenment and community are no match for consumerism.

.......he (Rush) has frittered away any shred of that respect; he's hateful and projects ugliness. he is not alone of course, but his hatefulness has degraded the public conversation. his contempt for fellow citizens sullies decorum and further polarizes our debates......i do remain fascinated how an ugly, self-absorbed, hate monger is a hero to so many people.....

This summarizes Rush's persona and public life beautifully IMHO, and I agree with it 100%.

ABC News reports today that Rush's latest public attack on women has remained in the national headlines for 2 weeks now....quite a rare thing in the world of news. Will this become a story that won't die, until Rush's radio show is off the air?

However we still can't discount the possibility that Rush could survive this controversy~~ But if he is ultimately defeated on this whole thing, Rush will probably do his best to take his filthy propaganda to satellite radio. That's my hunch.

But the huge question there is: will his many trailer trash fans actually pay to receive satellite radio, so they can listen to his daily tirades against women, poor people, gay people, liberals and Democrats? Of course all his fans aren't trailer trash--- many are bored traveling businessmen in their cars.

But briefly back to my original topic, will Gloria Allred let up on this? She seemed to enter the fray a little on the late side, which made me suspect she had something big brewing. Of course, asking a Florida prosecutor to fine Rush (max fine $1000) is like fining anyone else $5. But keeping this going in the media, in the public eye, is what Gloria does best.

I have an idea she is livid at Rush right now. Rush is probably shrugging her off, but he does so at his own peril.

I found an interesting video in which Gloria Allred reads a self-penned, open letter to Rush. I agree with Gloria that Rush's vulgar attack on Sandra Fluke was essentially an attack on all women. I also agree with her that his apology was quite tepid.

In my lifetime of 57 years, I don't think I've ever known of a public figure that spouts such contempt for women. And I'm not just talking about this latest story; I'm speaking about Rush's entire radio career. He has to be the King of Misogyny.

Gloria Allred's open letter to Rush:

An interesting webpage, containing some of Rush Limbaugh's most outlandish comments on air over the years.

The top one: "Now how can I be anti-woman? I even judged the Miss America pageant."

After reading the list, there's little doubt left that Rush feels utter contempt for women. I just can't imagine how any woman could subject herself to listening to his radio program.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/rushlimbaugh/a/limbaughquotes.htm

Archived