Shooting of Trayvon Martin

cityboi

abc_ht_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_2_jt_120318_wblog.jpg

For those who are not familiar with this case read here:

http://en.wikipedia...._Trayvon_Martin

I think its terrible George Zimmerman has not been arrested for the killing of 17 year old Trayvon Martin. There was a cover-up in the Sanford, Fl police department from the beginning. Because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, people can kill someone anywhere if its self defense. George Zimmerman said he shot Trayvon because he was defending himself. There are problems with this. First of all Zimmerman followed Trayvon. Witnesses said they heard no scuffle only Trayvon screaming for help. After the two gun shots, the screaming stopped. Zimmerman is a large guy compare to 17 year Trayvon so I don't see where it was self defense, especially since Trayvon didn't have any weapons. There is growing evidence that race played a role in this. Neighbors said Zimmerman told them in the past to watch out for suspicious young black males that look like they didn't belong. When Zimmerman, who was a neighborhood watch member called 911 and reported seeing Trayvon, he made comments like "he must be on drugs". Then later on during the 911 call he mumbled under his breath "fu_king coons". Some have said because Zimmerman is part Hispanic race isn't a factor. But its a myth that only white people can be racist. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and others can all be racist. The federal government has gotten involved but this is a terrible situation and Zimmerman should have been immediately arrested because the evidence was there. The Sanford Police just over looked it. Its interesting that there have been racial issues within the Sanford Police department in the past. But getting away with murder in the state of Florida seems to be common these days. Lets just hope this doesn't turn into another Cayce Anthony case.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this a few days ago and was shocked that Zimmerman wasn't arrested. The way Floridas law is worded certainly seems like you can shoot anybody and claim self defense especially if there is no one else around to dispute that claim. A very bad law. I also thought the self defense claim considering the size difference of these 2 to be implausable. I am not anti gun. I am for responsible ownership of guns. It seems like this case should go to the Federal Government if the Sanford Police department does not arrest this man. It smacks of a hate crime and civil rights violation.

Why???? Does he feel responsible?? Arrest this a$$ Zimmeran and put him on trial. He murdered the boy. This law needs to be heard and overturned by the Supreme court. The whole thing is outrageous. Zimmeran walking around a free man and Martin is dead. There is no justification for this.

The more I hear the more incredible this situation becomes. If Zimmerman felt threatened before, He should be scared sh*tle$$ to walk out of his house. I am beginning to think that he was the total aggressor in this and the kid just wanted to get away. Zimmerman had called 911 and they told him not to chase the kid. He should have waited in his car. He was a neighborhood watch doofus itching to shoot at somebody. I can not get past this. Sorry to all, I get to emotional to contain myself.

Trayvon's murder could have been any of our deaths. In this day and age of guns in every pocket, we are all in peril of being murdered.

But Trayvon's murder goes much much further.

The entire nation is starting to feel the bullets that killed Trayvon. The whole country is feeling the heartache of Trayvon's parents. We are all suffering from this unforgivable act.

This whole thing has been going on for a month....and the pain is festering.

Al Sharpton spoke at a rally yesterday in Sanford in memory of Trayvon. ~30,000 showed up.

Stories are surfacing that George Zimmerman cried nonstop after killing Trayvon Martin. Other stories are coming to light that point to Zimmerman not being a racist.

Only George Zimmerman knows if the killing was racially motivated. Zimmerman is mixed race himself~

A big question I have is: Why is the Federal Government not interrogating Zimmerman as we speak? Why is he not in custody somewhere?

If Zimmerman had have been caught with an ounce or so of marijuana in the State of Florida, he would have been taken straight to the pokey! Smoke pot in Florida and you spend time in prison. Kill a black teenage boy, and you're not even held for interrogation!

I am questioning if the Federal Government is purposely dragging it's feet in bringing Zimmerman in.....in hopes of civil unrest, even riots...

A great way for the Feds to test out their new laws, giving the government the power to indefinitely hold American citizens, to call them terrorists, and whisk them away to FEMA camps....get the whole Martial Law/Dictatorship ball rolling.

And the Feds need a dramatic event to justify doing it.

Think about it folks, a huge injustice like the Trayvon case is the perfect vehicle for rioting to start. I think the government is just itching to try out the American military against the American people. (The law that forbade American troops being deployed on American soil was allowed to lapse last year) And Obama has signed all the Executive Orders necessary to proclaim the American people as "enemy combatants" if Martial Law is called.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. I hope peace reigns over this whole affair. But I know the things the Federal Govt has done in the last 6-8 years (especially the past 2 years) such as Patriot Act, and now NDAA, FEMA camps, troops on American soil, etc

Why would the Federal Govt have enacted such draconian laws, unless it planned on using them.

I admit to be way behind the curve on politics and laws, but these you (C-man) have mentioned I had really never heard of. And it is so difficult to weed through what is real and what is condervative/liberal rhetoric on line to understand. It is frightening. I think I am pretty sure a lot of people have never heard of these. I hope this tragedy can be handled peacefully. I also do not understand why this man is not in custody.

some would say that George Zimmerman isn't racist but he did racially profile the boy. We are all guilty of that to some degree when it comes to stereotypes. However, since Zimmerman was heard saying a racial slur on the 911 tape, one would assume he has racist feeling. It doesn't make any difference that he is mixed himself. Anyone of any race can be racist.

some would say that George Zimmerman isn't racist but he did racially profile the boy. We are all guilty of that to some degree when it comes to stereotypes. However, since Zimmerman was heard saying a racial slur on the 911 tape, one would assume he has racist feeling. It doesn't make any difference that he is mixed himself. Anyone of any race can be racist.

ciyboi, I lived in Florida from 1979-1995. At one time, I did a part time stint at a convenience store, in order to save money to buy my first home.

We all know what a rough place Florida is, and how high the crime rate is---- so it's no surprise I had to call the police from time to time. (such as calling the police if a belligerent drunk came in and refused to leave)

Every single time I called the cops, the very first words out of the dispatcher's mouth were always: "Is he black or white?"

I distinctly remember the first time I called the cops asking for help. When the dispatcher asked the ubiquitous question, I was more than a little perplexed. It was the last thing I would have expected the cops to say.

I remember asking her" What in the h*ll does it matter if he's black or white, I need your help!!!"

So I bet when Zimmerman called 911, it was probably the police that immediately brought the concept of race into the call. (??) For you folks that have never lived in Florida, it's a world all to itself~

Today another black teenager was shot dead in Pasadena, California. This time by two police officers, who had been lied to by a 911 caller. The 911 caller informed the police dispatcher that he had been robbed by two armed black teens.

While true he had been robbed by two black teens, it was untrue the teens were armed.

When the police responded, teens matching the description were found. When 19 year old college student Kendrec McDade reached for his waist band, the officers thought he had a gun (because of the 911 call) and they shot him dead.

So the 911 caller is being held for possible involuntary manslaughter. The Pasadena police are saying the police wouldn't have fired on the teen, had they not thought he was armed.

What does this mean for black American teens? Are African American teens automatically under suspicion now, whenever they go anywhere? Are black teens going to continue to be targets of mad gunmen and ill-informed cops?

How many more bright teens can America afford to lose?

George Zimmerman finally caught in a lie. George said he was the one crying for help. Voice recognition experts said the voice crying for help on the 911 tape was Trayvon's.

Voice identification software ruled out Zimmerman. The fact alone should be enough for an arrest. Even still, there was no need for voice identification software because clearly the voice screaming for help sounds like a younger male in his teens.

http://www.digtriad....-Trayvon-Martin

More Zimmerman lies being exposed. According to Zimmerman, Trayvon repeatedly bashed his head into the sidewalk yet a released video of Zimmerman in the police station shows no head trauma or blood. In fact the Ambulance was canceled at the scene. Wouldn't someone who got their head smashed into the cement need medical attention? Why are there no wound on his head in the police station video? Why isn't Zimmerman shirt bloody from a broken nose?

http://www.cbsnews.c...-say/?tag=stack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Everyone has probably heard that George Zimmerman's wife has been arrested. The media plastered her face on every headline, and George is quite unhappy about it.

I guess that means both Zimmermans have now lost their Florida privileges for life.

Both of them have lied. They have no credibility. Some people say Trayvon was the aggressor because Zimmerman was wounded. Here is what happened. Zimmerman followed Trayvon, approached him and he probably grabbed him. Trayvon fought back because he thought he was being attacked. Trayvon was defending himself. Zimmerman should have stayed in the truck like the 911 dispatcher told him to.

• 2 weeks later...

A past co-worker of George Zimmerman was bullied by him (on the job) to the point he actually wrote up Zimmerman, and the issue was passed to upper management. Zimmerman was able to talk his way out of that one.

A damning video for George Zimmerman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=nQTytdsZ8D8&NR=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived